Speculation: The Stanley Cup Champion Islanders move to Barclays

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
What would happen as far as a banner raising event goes? It would not be appropriate to raise a banner in the Barclays center; a building that has yet to see a regular season NHL game. Has this ever happened in sports history? I know it's a bit early to be thinking about the Stanley Cup but this could create a funny problem for the NHL and the Brooklyn Islanders.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Of course it would be raised in Brooklyn. Duh.

The bigger question is, if they win the cup NEXT year, would the parade be on the Island? Canyon of Heroes? Flatbush Ave?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
welcome to NYC... Canyon of Heroes!!!

Probably. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they threw a bone to LI (especially if it happened next year). And maybe if they want to really market Brooklyn they would just have the parade there...

camaro27

Sep 16, 2011
really

sorry to say but i think that we will not have to worry about this issue with where the banner will go. this team is good enought to get in. not sure how many rounds they could go. but i do no that if this is the team they go with we will not have to worry. i am sure people will kill me on this and thats fine. enjoy tonights game everyone

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
sorry to say but i think that we will not have to worry about this issue with where the banner will go. this team is good enought to get in. not sure how many rounds they could go. but i do no that if this is the team they go with we will not have to worry. i am sure people will kill me on this and thats fine. enjoy tonights game everyone

I think the vast majority of folks here agree with you.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
barclays.jpg

Are those new ones, or did the banners get moved for the preason game against the Debbies?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
What would happen as far as a banner raising event goes? It would not be appropriate to raise a banner in the Barclays center; a building that has yet to see a regular season NHL game. Has this ever happened in sports history? I know it's a bit early to be thinking about the Stanley Cup but this could create a funny problem for the NHL and the Brooklyn Islanders.

I won the lottery last week and now I have to decide...Rolex or Movado.

Whatever will I do?

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
barclays.jpg

Are those new ones, or did the banners get moved for the preason game against the Debbies?

My OCD makes me want to reach into the picture and move that ****** scoreboard over about 50'.

Please do not use this post to start up that debate btw. I am simply making a harmless statement. But yes, annoys me, like a coffee ground at the edge of my brew.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Can we close this thread, delete it and never speak of it again.

(Yes, I am superstitious)

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Theres no such thing as jinx just as theres no such thing as karma. Trust me, Ive known way too many people in my life Ive been waiting for 'karma' and theres nothign.

I'm not a superstitious person myself, but I had to respond to this ridiculous thread somehow. If I had posted what I really wanted to say, it would've been deleted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad