TV: The Sopranos Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm up to season 6 episode 4. I appreciate that this show doesn't fall victim to writing tropes very often and can be unpredictable but man, there are a lot of scenes where things just happen for no reason whatsoever. I mean a lot of therapy scenes are some of the best moments on the show and a lot of them are just...a lot of scenes feel like they just cut off abruptly when a little more dialogue can just give them true purpose but it's especially brutal when one of the therapy scenes just stop dead. If I have one criticism it's that.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

For those who enjoyed 'The Sopranos' there's a few other series I would recommend...HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire' starring Steve Buscemi is set on the eve of Prohibition in Atlantic City (IMHO it's as good - if not better than Sopranos).

The other would be 'Quarry' on Cinemax (only 1 season) starring Logan Marshall-Green who plays a USMC vet on his return home from a 2nd tour of Vietnam and his struggles with society and ptsd which leads him to find 'alternative' forms of employment.

Reactions: the squared circle

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
IMG_3292.jpg

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
This 2 part documentary is on Max now. Very well done.

I watched the first half Sunday and the last half tonight.

Lots of good behind the scenes stuff like auditions, outtakes and anecdotes, explaining some scenes, also lots of superfan tier stuff but if you like the show you should check it out.

Drea De Matteo is still one booyah hottie😍.

Even though they were doing something magical...the people who had to put up with Chase and Gandolfini, they were saints.

saint-sopranos.gif

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I watched the first half Sunday and the last half tonight.

Lots of good behind the scenes stuff like auditions, outtakes and anecdotes, explaining some scenes, also lots of superfan tier stuff but if you like the show you should check it out.

Drea De Matteo is still one booyah hottie😍.

Even though they were doing something magical...the people who had to put up with Chase and Gandolfini, they were saints.

View attachment 906165
She is visually nice to look at.... but her publicly admitting that her 13 year old son watches and edits her Only Fans material makes her a bit less appealing to me lol.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Onlyfans doesnt automatically equal nude
Well she was her example was about her son saying "what should I do with this bikini line?" and her running everything on her page past her kids before posting. Making out with women, etc.

It's just bizarre to have her 11 and 13 year old kids viewing and editing all of her content lol.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Well she was her example was about her son saying "what should I do with this bikini line?" and her running everything on her page past her kids before posting. Making out with women, etc.

It's just bizarre to have her 11 and 13 year old kids viewing and editing all of her content lol.

Oh it's definitely creepy and weird, not arguing that. Was more speaking to the legality question

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Never mind editing her OnlyFans page, I heard a rumour that when her son was just a helpless infant, she used to force her nipple into his mouth to get him to stop crying!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad