OT: The Soccer Football Thread (USA, RBNY, PL, etc.)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
as an ex-player i ripped on the rule changes for offside when it was implemented....i was still playing at the time and it drove me nuts a defender

this call right now to call off the dutch goal is a perfect example how how much of a bullshit change it was.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I have no faith in Berhalter and I still can't believe they brought him back. Not at all optimistic about advancing tonight.

Also let's keep giving the Midwest important games, can't even sell out. f*** outta here

What the f*** is this angle from? The goodyear blimp?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Why is Berhalter telling them it's 1-1? This guy is so shit. You can't play a defensive game because f***ing Bolivia has 1 goal when Panama can easily score another.

Fire Berhalter!

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
It's always excuses with this team. Ref sucks but they have barely any shots in what was always a must win game because Panama was never not beating Bolivia.
The US could play better but that doesn’t mean the reffing can’t be discussed too.

The US probably would have had a few more shots if some of the NFL style football tackles had been given yellows rather than allowed to just be fouls.

————

USA needs a new leader. Berhalter was a bad choice to rehire and it’s shown true in this tournament. USA should bite the bullet and get a new coach.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The US could play better but that doesn’t mean the reffing can’t be discussed too.

The US probably would have had a few more shots if some of the NFL style football tackles had been given yellows rather than allowed to just be fouls.

————

USA needs a new leader. Berhalter was a bad choice to rehire and it’s shown true in this tournament. USA should bite the bullet and get a new coach.

Absolutely, I've always hated Berhalter. 7 wins 1 draw 6 losses since Berhalter was hired again. Never should have been brought back, anyone who has followed this US team knew he should have never been allowed to be back. It's such a joke.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Marsch advances with Canada.

I can’t even say Marsch would have been the right guy for USA but nobody outside the USA federation wanted Berhalter part 2.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Amazing, also the first Copa America host to ever be eliminated in the group stage...

Marsch advances with Canada.

I can’t even say Marsch would have been the right guy for USA but nobody outside the USA federation wanted Berhalter part 2.

I love Jesse Marsch as a coach, I'd run through a brick wall for him. He's a great motivator and talker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad