The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
PP cant be worse. Positive regression for top players is likely. Growth from young players is likely. UPL is an above average goalie. We have a solid bottom 6 now....we AT LEAST are getting 3.

giphy.gif

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
The roster if full of unestablished high potential players. It is a risk that not all will work out

I would argue that Tuch is the only established player in top 6 with cozens, peterska Quinn, Tage and benson not established. 3rd and 4th lines more established.

Goalies not established yet

Dahlin is established but not the remainder of the top 4 defence.

Really hanging a lot on the continued development of the guys. If they do, Sabres are a team to reckon with for years to come.

Please be right Kevin
It's been a long steady path but it doesn't necessarily need to be going forward. Not all of the prospects will hit but some will and there will be plenty of flexibility opportunities in the future.

Although almost all of the current roster will still be in the league in 3 years, I highly doubt the Sabres roster will look the same.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Development is not linear

It also isn’t guaranteed to be fair. Many early career players regress and never get back to their best level of play.

All we can do is go along for the ride (or build the roster in a way that isn’t full of developmental players, but that ship has pretty much sailed).

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Development is more linear when teams have consistency. Which is to say, not the Sabres. 23 players on the roster, someone is going to perform worse under Ruff, and someone will excel we didn't expect. Who knows how many go which way.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
It also isn’t guaranteed to be fair. Many early career players regress and never get back to their best level of play.

All we can do is go along for the ride (or build the roster in a way that isn’t full of developmental players, but that ship has pretty much sailed).
Nobody says it is. But par for the course on here is to assume the worst because last year wasn’t as expected. The avalanche were a f***ing disaster one year despite having all their Stanley cup core players on the team besides Makar.

A set back year hardly means this core is cooked and won’t get better.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Nobody says it is. But par for the course on here is to assume the worst because last year wasn’t as expected. The avalanche were a f***ing disaster one year despite having all their Stanley cup core players on the team besides Makar.

And frankly there isn't many career players that regress, certainly not in relative terms.

Reactions: HOOats

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

Y'all have no memory. Mogilny is correct

Why did our guys regress ?

We got our eager young assess beaten and targeted early

Hopefully Quinn isn't roided out but usually clears after year and the become more flexible to match false quick strength advance

Cozens seemed to forget his early week last year by April , of getting his ass thoroughly beaten by an nhl killer( not his fault but his game relied on his cockiness)

Thompson was a target like many talented big men like lemieux ( not comparing despite mild flashes of dominance) he was multiply injured last year

Mule and dahlin definitely injured. Dahlin was tough enough to play thru it 80 percent but affected

That's like getting five new proven players that will up their stats if they're protected.

Oh look. We have two D ( gilbert , Clifton) and that can fight and don't be surprised if every pairing has s defensive fighter or mule. And joki sees tough teans from the press box w whomever.

Malestyn is on the ice alot w cozens early until his confidence returns

The three other additions drop their gloves or run goalies if there is any bs thru the first twnty games sending a clear message, attempting to injure us gets you hospitalized.

Us getting a suspension or two wouldnt surprise as ruff has little time to change soft narrative w hair trigger

Levi in Roc if Reimer wins his outings or stats well

Fix the power play by playing healthy excited bought in guys w benson as a bumper and a big guy net front.

We will be fine. Y'all worry too much

Add in possibility of career peaks from possibly owen power and bo byram if protected and covered net front . career highs fr mr JJ peterka for zucker , Edmonton center macleod who was amazing in cup finals and greenway. ... if cozens and Thompson regain their swagger w tuch and Quinn. Many If s. For sure but I can't envision regression anywhere like walking wounded last year w that horrific start.

You'll know right away after twenty games where this team stand and will know playoffs by all star even if cozens and Thompson start slow as usual.

Pushing those will be ostlund, novikov helenius in camp. Maybe neuchev and anyone willing to fight

Last edited:

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
This is Kevin Adams roster. He made a lot of bets on up and coming players. This is likely roster entering season

Top line: Thompson, peterska and Tuch
The question is are they good enough. Can they handle the best top lines. Is Peterska a top line winger. Can TT dominate. Tuch is proven I think

Second line: cozens, Quinn and TBD. Who is the tbd? Are Quinn and Cozens ready for second line. I hope so

I feel pretty good about the third and 4th lines

Top defence Dahlin and Samuelson. Can Dahlin move to the next level. Can he play like the top d in the league. Can Samuelson stay healthy

Second line D: powers and Byrom
Can they play together. How good

Feel pretty good about third d. And don’t expect them on ice

Can upl be the man?
Can Sabres have a good power play?
Can Sabres play team defence?

Can Ruff get their shot together?

No one believes the Sabres will make the playoffs. I see so many posts saying Sabres will be sellers at the deadline. The Sabres have been losers for so long. Can’t argue with them.

Please be right.
Please pick up somebody at the deadline
Please make the playoffs

Reactions: Guy Tetreault
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad