The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Adams is probably done. I would love for him to get a legit top 6 forward, but with the Zucker signing and McLeod trade, it seems unlikely. But the main thing is he got a 3C. I think that was the biggest hole in the lineup and it was important to fill it.

I would also be more confident in our defense if we could get a player like Pesce or Roy to UFA, but apparently they are happy with this defense, I hope it works out.

Krebs, if he wants to make the roster, he will have to earn it.
Color me surprised that Adams made a trade at this time because last year not many trades happened after free agency.

But I am more optimistic now that he is STILL working on another trade because:
- Necas and Ehlers haven't been dealt yet and it seems like their teams want to move them.
- Mcleod trade makes Krebs expendable (Philly was rumorrd to be interested in him, as an example).

My guess would be a Taylor Hall like signing, 1 year for big money. Not a 3 year deal or something like that.
No way will Pegula let him do a Taylor Hall-like signing! Unless you think Zucker is a Taylor Hall-like signing.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Color me surprised that Adams made a trade at this time because last year not many trades happened after free agency.

- Necas and Ehlers haven't been dealt yet and it seems like their teams want to move them.
- Mcleod trade makes Krebs expendable (Philly was rumorrd to be interested in him, as an example).
It would be nice if Adams could get Ehlers or Necas, more speed and proven players for the top 6.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015

No way will Pegula let him do a Taylor Hall-like signing! Unless you think Zucker is a Taylor Hall-like signing.

I think Zucker was a smaller version of a possible 1 year 7 million dollar type offer to Stamkos.

Krebs for Noah Cates, with a draft pick somewhere to even it out, is intriguing.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't think it's crazy to think that they're hoping/expecting Benson to be their top-six forward "acquisition". Zucker is a placeholder in the event that doesn't happen immediately.

Yeah, I think it’s tbd at camp which of those guys starts with Cozens or McLeod. Depends on the degree to which Benson shows up looking poised to be a bigger offensive contributor this season.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Is Farabee a fast skater? Honestly don't know....

Krebs and Rosen or (2nd) for Farabee?
I don't really know if it's fast or not.

From CapFriendly:

2-way forward who provides secondary offense
Has the skill set to play anywhere in the top 9 forward group
Primary ice comes at ES and PP. Averages around 15:00 TOI.
Good skater. Pushes up ice with pace.
Responsible. Reliable detail off the puck. Recognizes what's required in all three zones.
Understated vision. Sees the ice. Makes plays.
Doesn't do a ton of heavy lifting along the wall in the offensive zone
Willing to block shots in the defensive zone.

Reactions: Team Cozens

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Ok Kids, since you'll hate the names associated with my proposal, let me use pictures:

From our roster:

Screen Shot 2024-07-06 at 7.57.23 AM.png

For

Screen Shot 2024-07-06 at 7.58.01 AM.png

It's a veteran forward, 27 years old, trading position for position.

Both players need a contract next year.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I didn't quite understand who you were talking about and what you meant?

The top chart is a player from our roster

The bottom chart is a player from another roster.

Trading them for each other (us probably adding, to be honest)

But if I put the names associated, most posters would hate it, especially since we'd have to give the bottom player a large extension.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I’m not sure they’re counting on him to be the 3C. I’m not sure where they expect him to be.

Adams was all over the place after he was asked if Krebs would be the 3C. Paraphrasing his comments….

Krebs still a young player. He showed signs late last year of starting to understand the defensive part of the game. He is a very very competitive kid. He’s getting better in different areas. He has great vision, he has great offensive skill, we know that and now he’s still going to find his way. I think there is a chance for his upside to be a player who plays further up the lineup. Whether thats as a center, which we believe he is, or maybe eventually could he slide to the wing? Yeah, we’re open to that. But what I really like is that we have a group of players that Lindy and the staff can decide how to put the lines together.

Thats a lot or worlds to not actually say one way or another if he’ll be the 3C.
I guess Adams was hinting that he didn’t trust Krebs as the 3C with these comments. Or more likely this thinking came from Ruff.

Reactions: Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
The top chart is a player from our roster

The bottom chart is a player from another roster.

Trading them for each other (us probably adding, to be honest)

But if I put the names associated, most posters would hate it, especially since we'd have to give the bottom player a large extension.
Is this Marner?

Using this chart for a player who played nowhere near even half of the season is vile work
Are you talking about Quinn?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
farabee.PNG

konecny.PNG

I know there has been some smoke about the Sabres and Flyers talking. So, here are the charts for Farabee and Konecny.

This roster keeps getting worse . It’s unbelievable what is going on. Makes no sense at all.
How does the roster get worse by trading a prospect that likely was going to be in the AHL this year for one of the best PKing forwards in the NHL?

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Sorry but I don't agree with this notion that "they're getting faster so slow player (Greenway) no longer fits". That's not how hockey or any other sport works. If you think he doesn't fit for broader reasons that's another matter but he doesn't need to keep up with McLeod's skating to keep up with the line.
Really. We're talking about a bottom-six line that's supposed to be decent defensively and hopefully add some physicality. Greenway brings both, and is going to be the ONLY physical player on that line, since Benson is small and McLeod plays soft/perimeter in the O-zone. If anything Greenway is a NEED on that line.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Is Farabee a fast skater? Honestly don't know....

Krebs and Rosen or (2nd) for Farabee?
Farabee is not fast, frost is

What I'd really like to see is some speed stats for teams/lines/etc to see what the correlation to success is. Obviously systems play a big role. Idk why the NHL edge stuff has to be formatted exclusively in such a way that its a PITA to view info for multiple guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad