The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Well, we willed through a trade for a 3C (along with the help of that guy at Prospect Camp), can we do one more for a top 6 Skinner replacement that isn't a 36yo ?

Here is my trade package : Krebs, 2025 1st (top 10 protected), Ostlund, and tbd 4th piece if needed.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
It looks like we have our starting 18 then.

Peterka - Thompson - Tuch
Zucker - Cozens - Quinn
Benson - McLeod - Greenway
Malenstyn-Lafferty-NAK

Byram-Dahlin
Power-Samuelsson
Joker-Clifton

For the first time in a long time it looks like some direction and planning.

I just don't know how Joker/Clifton work as a pair. Joker and Dahlin would switch sides quite a bit when they played together so I guess Joker can work on the left. I just don't have any file on if they've ever been Joker/Clifton paired b4.

Clifton seemed to get his game going the 2nd half of last season. The hope I had in signing him was he could pair with Power...maybe that can actually happen this season.

Sammy and Joker as a pair have success, both eye test and with the metrics.

Reactions: Uberpecker

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018

Zucker - Cozens - Quinn
Malenstyn-Lafferty-NAK

Byram-Dahlin
Power-Samuelsson
Joker-Clifton

In my opinion missing a top 6 wing and maybe a reshuffling of the defense

However I'm pretty comfortable with that group going into camp, with the idea of no one steps up for a top 6 spot a trade is made to bring one in quickly

Adams has continually said he hasn't wanted to block prospects, this team definitely isn't doing that, so hopefully one takes the opportunity and runs with it

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I just don't know how Joker/Clifton work as a pair. Joker and Dahlin would switch sides quite a bit when they played together so I guess Joker can work on the left. I just don't have any file on if they've ever been Joker/Clifton paired b4.

Clifton seemed to get his game going the 2nd half of last season. The hope I had in signing him was he could pair with Power...maybe that can actually happen this season.

Sammy and Joker as a pair have success, both eye test and with the metrics.

In my opinion missing a top 6 wing and maybe a reshuffling of the defense

However I'm pretty comfortable with that group going into camp, with the idea of no one steps up for a top 6 spot a trade is made to bring one in quickly

Adams has continually said he hasn't wanted to block prospects, this team definitely isn't doing that, so hopefully one takes the opportunity and runs with it

Ha, I have no idea on the defense pairings! That’s not even a guess as I don’t have one. It’s going to totally be some shuffling.

The forward lines are an actual guess at lines, but could see some different combos for sure

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
JJP - Thompson - Tuch
Zucker - Cozens - Quinn
Greenway - McLeod - Benson
Malenstyn - Lafferty - NAK
Krebs

Power - Dahlin
Byram - Samuelsson
Clifton - Joker
RJ

UPL
Reimer/Levi

——————

That is my rough idea of what the lineup currently is. I think replacing Zucker with a top-6 forward, and replacing Joker with a cheaper more “defensive defenseman” type would be good moves. If one of the Amerk guys crack the lineup without an injury first, I wonder who falls out of the top 12 forwards?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I want to keep Krebs…but I’d like to find a way to get Iafallo too. I’m not sure there’s room anymore though.

Right now they have 11 signed. They can acquire one without trading a roster player.
That’s true but Iafallo would be another contract we’d have to worry about. It’s starting to get crazy, the amount of players who’s need to be signed after the season. Certainly wouldn’t be against it.

Iaffalo is a UFA next summer and would resign here at a discount. Even if they dont acquire him, he can br signrd next summer for 4th line replacing NAK.

This fanbase is ridiculous. Fans whine when Adams doesn't trade prospects to upgrade the team and also whine when he does cause it's the wrong prospect.

It's fans like you that I hope this team continues to fail.

I said it on page 1 of Malenstyn thread.

people complain he does nothing. Hr makes as trade they complete as in on the value and jim being a stupid gm.

Since 2020 draft..22 and younger...

Peterka-helenius-Quinn
Benson-Ostlund-Rosen
Wahlberg-Kulich-Poltapov
Kisakov- costantini-neuchev
Ziemer' xxx- Tullio
There are others...

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Still not liking damaged goods Samuelsson, might need to package Krebs up with some pieces for his replacement if he's injured again with another down year.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013

Zucker - Cozens - Quinn
Malenstyn-Lafferty-NAK

Byram-Dahlin
Power-Samuelsson
Joker-Clifton

As long as I can remember, we have always had at least one random hodge-podge line of players that have no purpose. It will be nice to not have that this year.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Right now it looks like....

Peterka-Tage-Tuch
Zucker -Cozens-Quinn
Benson-McLeod-Greenway
Malenstyn-lafferty-NAK
Krebs xxx

Byram-Dahlin
Power-Clifton
Samuelsson-joker
Bryson/Gilbert

They could acquire a vet F and/ or mid D with about 7M in space after signing the arbitration players

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Greenway as a big body on a line with Benson and McLeod works

McLeod...he's a lock for 3C with his experience and the freaking price we paid for him. Lafferty and Krebs sort out who plays 4C in camp. NAK or Krebs as 13th forward.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Wonder if we are looking at the wrong Duck. Terry is turning 27 and may be on the older side of the core they are building with McTavish, Carlson, Gauthier, Sennecke and the defense. He is signed long term, has no NTC or NMC. I can't imagine it would be cheap but sending out another core future, our 2025 first and a body like Krebs (would fit the current core as well).

Reactions: CrazyWayne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad