Speculation: The remaining RFAs (big-ticket)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Any fan/team insiders with guesses as to what the remaining big-ticket RFA's are gonna get? Beniers just went off the board today of course. I believe these are the big guns left...

- Jeremy Swayman, Boston

- Mo Seider, Detroit

- Lucas Raymond, Detroit

- Seth Jarvis, Carolina

- Thomas Harley, Dallas

Reactions: FlyguyOX and piqued

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Any fan/team insiders with guesses as to what the remaining big-ticket RFA's are gonna get? Beniers just went off the board today of course. I believe these are the big guns left...

- Jeremy Swayman, Boston

- Mo Seider, Detroit

- Lucas Raymond, Detroit

- Seth Jarvis, Carolina

- Thomas Harley, Dallas

Swayman-8.5x 8 years
Seider-9x8 years
Raymond-9x8 years
Jarvis-9x6 years
Harley-6x6 years

My guesses.

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Swayman-8.5x 8 years
Seider-9x8 years
Raymond-9x8 years
Jarvis-9x6 years
Harley-6x6 years

My guesses.
This.

Only things I could maybe see is Jarvis and Harley getting less AAV. Not because they’re worth less, but if they’re convinced to take less to assist in the Stanley Cup window for their teams.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think Harley is going to get way more than folks are thinking. He’s gonna me much closer to Sanderson and Faber IMO. I think he’s not going less than 8 years and not less than $7.5 million. That still puts him $1 million under Faber. I could see him up to 8x8. He's a big time defenseman.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I think Harley is going to get way more than folks are thinking. He’s gonna me much closer to Sanderson and Faber IMO. I think he’s not going less than 8 years and not less than $7.5 million. That still puts him $1 million under Faber. I could see him up to 8x8. He's a big time defenseman.
Nill is prepared to force a bridge deal on him, including enduring a holdout much like they did with Robertson 2 years ago. They're in the contender portion of their window where you have to save every cent now at the expense of a bigger contract later. Faber, Sanderson etc may be on-ice comparables but their teams aren't competitive so it's a different situation. If Harley were on another team he'd probably get the contract you're describing (and deserve it).

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Nill is prepared to force a bridge deal on him, including enduring a holdout much like they did with Robertson 2 years ago. They're in the contender portion of their window where you have to save every cent now at the expense of a bigger contract later. Faber, Sanderson etc may be on-ice comparables but their teams aren't competitive so it's a different situation. If Harley were on another team he'd probably get the contract you're describing (and deserve it).

Thanks for the insight!

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Jarvis we want to go the full 8 on. We're a contending team, but we have exactly the cap space needed to get it done, so there's no reason to cap save for a 3 or 4 year deal with Jarvis. Makes sense to pay him market value now and lock him in until age 31.

splot

Jun 12, 2014
No one will offersheet these guys. It would take an OS that would sacrifice 3 to 4 x 1sts to be successful. And it wouldn't be worth it.
I'm sure one of these are getting lowballed and a $9,161,834 offer would get their attention. At that range it only costs A 1st, 2nd and a 3rd and would be very worth it for one of these players. A team with that still owns their picks and have enough cap space is harder to find. San Jose, Utah and Calgary are the only potential candidates I can see at a quick glance, and I'm not sure they have their own picks next year or they were acquired in a trade.

Would be fun if it happened, but it requires a such specific set of circumstances to align that its very unlikely.

Reactions: Chainshot

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
My guess is Stevie Y locks Seider up long term and Bridge deals Raymond. Something like 8.5x8m for Seider and 2-3 at 4.5-5.25m for Raymond. He'll want the cap space to cram as many overpriced vets into the lineup
If i'm Raymond's agent i hang up immediately on that offer. After the season he just had he's worth a lot more right now, bridge deal or not imo.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
My guess is Stevie Y locks Seider up long term and Bridge deals Raymond. Something like 8.5x8m for Seider and 2-3 at 4.5-5.25m for Raymond. He'll want the cap space to cram as many overpriced vets into the lineup
I think Seider is the more likely of the two to be bridged. Could see ASP driving his next contracts number down by taking the PP1 duties that they're so resistant to giving Seider so that he can get the toughest defensive usage in the league.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'm sure one of these are getting lowballed and a $9,161,834 offer would get their attention. At that range it only costs A 1st, 2nd and a 3rd and would be very worth it for one of these players. A team with that still owns their picks and have enough cap space is harder to find. San Jose, Utah and Calgary are the only potential candidates I can see at a quick glance, and I'm not sure they have their own picks next year or they were acquired in a trade.

Would be fun if it happened, but it requires a such specific set of circumstances to align that its very unlikely.
It would be an unsuccessful attempt, hence no GM would do it.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Would it? I'd hate to see what the buyout would be.
It's 2/3rds of 7 million, divided by 2 billion.

Works out to about 0.2 cents per year, dropping down to only about 0.2 cents per year if he can play 15 years or so of the initial term.

Plus, I'm not sure how the CBA handles extinction level events like asteroid impacts, but I suspect there would be some cap compliant wiggle room to get out of the full 2 billion year buyout term.

might just be better to put him on LTIR though, which I assume would apply for players that have been dead for millions of years

Regadless, I wouldn't let it sway your decision. Get'r done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad