The Rebuild: Inside the Montreal Canadiens docuseries discussion (Episode 1 and 2 now available on Crave)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
They didn't need to magically film scenes from two years ago. But they should have outlined the process and told the story from the beginning. I'm sure there is plenty of footage kicking around.

I just would rather watch the team building process of the rebuild considering that's what it was advertised as.

Instead we get Gallagher making banana bread, people selling tickets on the phone, a cow farmer talking about the team. Half the first episode was about a pre season game for crying out loud.

Agreed, it has been a real let down so far. They galaxy brained a simple project, and entirely missed the content that the market is begging for.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the corporate angle as selling seats has never been an issue and there was zero demand from the base to observe another random fan in any detail let alone the time they wasted on the dairy farmer. We want access to the players, coaches and upper management doing behind the scenes stuff that we normally do not have access to. We have access to other fans including our own selves and the corporate ticket sales angle is entirely uninteresting.

Huge whiff so far.

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
Instead we get Gallagher making banana bread, people selling tickets on the phone, a cow farmer talking about the team. Half the first episode was about a pre season game for crying out loud.
The comments in here just shows the lack of content in these episodes, everyone is commenting on the torch.

There were tiny bits of interesting parts, like when Hughes asks Price how he feels about Monty. Hughes seems worried with how much Monty fumbles the puck.

I'm happy my Crave subscription ends this week, otherwise I would have watched all episodes because I can't control myself and watch crap all the time

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Can someone explain to a foreign viewer if that fan was just a fan or some kind of VIP fan? What introduction was he talking about and was it really that bad in your opinion?
Being up there he's likely got some money.

He's talking about the opening ceremony and it wasn't great but wasn't bad.

Reactions: Pazucha

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The comments in here just shows the lack of content in these episodes, everyone is commenting on the torch.

There were tiny bits of interesting parts, like when Hughes asks Price how he feels about Monty. Hughes seems worried with how much Monty fumbles the puck.

I'm happy my Crave subscription ends this week, otherwise I would have watched all episodes because I can't control myself and watch crap all the time

Mine will be unsub as soon as that series has ended. Kinda forgot to cancel it once the HofD season ended.

Will probably binge watch everything on apple I'm interested in as I'll sub it once Vince Gilligan's next show starts on it, and then move on from that too.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
The media kept saying the fans wouldn't accept a rebuild and Molson saw that a lot more than random fan's comment online requesting one unfortunatly.

The real problem here is how the Montréal sport media is disconnected from the fanbase. They were already complaining last year about the lack of playoffs..it was year 2 of the rebuild.
They need to be careful because they can affect the rebuild with their dumb questions and comments.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I think he believed the lies, or Bergevin told him he could rebuild on the fly

Underrated movie.
Sometimes a leader just needs to make risky decisions . He finally did it with the long overdue firing of Bergevin. Then committing to a rebuild. I don’t care what market you’re in, every team comes to that point. Decades of missing out on stars and impact players (poor drafting and development too) created this mess. It’s incredible that he let it go so long when clearly fans were pissed off.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Or you guys can just use subtitles. I'm a local and have mixed feelings about language laws but to complain about too much French in a documentary about the Montreal Canadiens reeks of entitlement. Yeah, no shit, there's going to be a lot of French when you're dealing with a business whose located in one of the most bilingual cities in the world (and the second biggest French city in the world after Paris) along with a province where there's little English outside of the island.

Last edited:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Way too much French in every episode, why wouldn't you just do a French and English version of the 8 episodes?
Probably since a big portion of people watching it understands both languages, so no need to spend money on making and editing two episodes.

It has an English and French voiceover option if I'm not mistaken.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Probably since a big portion of people watching it understands both languages, so no need to spend money on making and editing two episodes.

It has an English and French voiceover option if I'm not mistaken.

Not sure but it's subtitled but it's hard to get into the flow of the episode when every second scene is someone speaking French. I'd rather be all subtitles than going in and out like that.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
There was a scene that begin with Strombo boastfully narrating the $15k cost per golfing foursome a few seconds before some old guy was getting his photo with Christian Dvorak. “This is a dream come true,” the fan said.

This world is weird.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I always hate how these ''behind the scenes'' things use actual games as filler material. Like they showed highlights of a pre-season game against the Senators and made big deal of it. Why? That was a pre-season game from one year ago. Who the f*** cares? Why would I want to watch this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad