The Rebuild: Inside the Montreal Canadiens docuseries discussion (Episode 1 and 2 now available on Crave)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
I would have liked a documentary that starts when the real decision to rebuild was taken, at the time the new management arrived. Well, better than nothing!

Molson doesn’t deserve much credit for rebuilding, with Weber and Price out, what else was there to do? But he hired the right person in Gorton, I’ll give him credit for that.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't mind the torch, because of its history and part of the motto of the team. That said, it doesn't need to be the focus of the ceremony. Could only the the captain at the end. Torch-centric ceremonies have been overdone.
This..............it can still be there, but let's settle down a bit with the torch until there is another Cup to celbrate.

I remember what they used to do with the torch at Centre Ice in the playoffs, that was a fun opening!

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Nothing, and I mean nothing, could ever be worse than the opening playoffs for the senators a couple of years ago. That was by far the worst spectacle I ever witnessed. Everyone involved should feel shame for the rest of their lives for that.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
I'm not sure why they advertised it as "The Rebuild." It's just behind the scenes during the '23-'24 season. A huge amount of filler scenes... I dunno, maybe my expectations were too high but definitely not what I expected. It would have been way better if they had gone back and followed the rebuild since Gorton and Hughes came in.

Reactions: KFlint

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
I'm not sure why they advertised it as "The Rebuild." It's just behind the scenes during the '23-'24 season. A huge amount of filler scenes... I dunno, maybe my expectations were too high but definitely not what I expected. It would have been way better if they had gone back and followed the rebuild since Gorton and Hughes came in.
My thoughts exactly…

Reactions: Picaroon

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hypermasculine? Rofl. Ok man.

Like, I'm shocked Fix You is still playing almost 20 years later and I wouldn't mind if they moved on to something else.
I’m glad you’re here to set the board straight on some of this stuff. Not that I think that poster was trying to be offensive but some stuff needs to be checked.

Reactions: ThaDevilGirl

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC

They can't go back and magically film scenes from two seasons ago. They followed a rebuilding 2023-24 season, what else would you call it?

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Enjoyed some scenes, the most relatable thing in these 2 episodes is the after game beers the coaches had.

Still clearly one big puff piece about the Habs more than anything.

Reactions: Picaroon

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Like, I'm shocked Fix You is still playing almost 20 years later and I wouldn't mind if they moved on to something else.

I think they tried something else very briefly. Didn't they have some intro by the Who?

Nothing, and I mean nothing, could ever be worse than the opening playoffs for the senators a couple of years ago. That was by far the worst spectacle I ever witnessed. Everyone involved should feel shame for the rest of their lives for that.

Bro that was like 15 years ago. I know time moves fast but that is a timeless classic.

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
I think they tried something else very briefly. Didn't they have some intro by the Who?

Bro that was like 15 years ago. I know time moves fast but that is a timeless classic.
You're proving my point though. It happened so long ago and it's still lives rent free in my head. At least, nothing worse took place. So no matter how much folks didn't like last year's intro, it was still not as bad as the spartan. The Habs will hopefully never sink that low.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Definitely in the minority, everyone's over it.
Part of the minority too. Torch on the ice was actually started by…Réjean Tremblay in 1996. He co-scripted the closing and opening ceremonies oh the Forum-Molson Centre. Pierre Turgeon carried it.

And it is what symbolizes the Habs. It is our symbol. Nos bras meurtris vous tendent le flambeau; à vous de le porter bien haut. Forever.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I like the torch myself but it needs to be used sparingly and in the right context such as when there is a need to show the physical passing of one era of the team to the next. The best times it was used was when we had such imagery such as Dryden giving the torch to Price. The novelty wore off for many because of just have frequent they seemed to use the torch.
Yes. Meaningless if watered down.

We saw it too many times with crappy teams. It was lazy ceremony.

Let’s put it away for a while. We don’t want the torch associated with mediocrity.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017

I’m glad you’re here to set the board straight on some of this stuff. Not that I think that poster was trying to be offensive but some stuff needs to be checked.

I was only kidding about the “hypermasculinity”

But I do think that song is totally out of place

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Can someone explain to a foreign viewer if that fan was just a fan or some kind of VIP fan? What introduction was he talking about and was it really that bad in your opinion?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad