The Pro Tank Thread I Post #621

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
The fact that you make them so mad just by telling the truth says a lot. Keep telling the truth like you always do about the Canucks' situation and they'll continue to come out of the woodwork.

I remember when I first joined HF and thought Y2K was a bit harsh towards management and I wanted to engage with him. I realized that I needed to do some research before debating with such a good poster so I did......ya, there was no defending management after some looking into it. He was bang on.

Now he's my favorite poster :thumbu:

Don't ever change Y2K

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I remember when I first joined HF and thought Y2K was a bit harsh towards management and I wanted to engage with him. I realized that I needed to do some research before debating with such a good poster so I did......ya, there was no defending management after some looking into it. He was bang on.

Don't ever change Y2K

There were plenty of people who didn't agree with me from the beginning. Even most of the realists who see Benning for the dolt that he is disagreed with my assessment on Gudbranson the day we acquired him. Time has shown just how bad of a GM Benning is. I'm just glad more and more people have seen the light.

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009

Don't ever change Y2K

Wooot sweet bounce!

Also, that post gave me Simpsons vibes:

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
You know maybe it's not my place to say so, but I dont find the whole "rooting for the other team" thing very tasteful. Like, it's one thing to be pro-tank (which I suppose I am, personally), but it's another to vicariously and enthusiastically cheer for every team that plays against us.

Reactions: bbud

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
You know maybe it's not my place to say so, but I dont find the whole "rooting for the other team" thing very tasteful. Like, it's one thing to be pro-tank (which I suppose I am, personally), but it's another to vicariously and enthusiastically cheer for every team that plays against us.

I hope every team that plays the Canucks victimizes the Canucks. I want the team to get destroyed 7-0 every night, pounded into submission. I want this team to be embarrassed. That's how much disdain I have for Jim Benning.

The day he's fired, and the day someone competent is brought in to manage this team is the day my attitude towards this team will change.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
I hope every team that plays the Canucks victimizes the Canucks. I want the team to get destroyed 7-0 every night, pounded into submission. I want this team to be embarrassed. That's how much disdain I have for Jim Benning.

The day he's fired, and the day someone competent is brought in to manage this team is the day my attitude towards this team will change.

I feel like projecting your distaste for the management onto the team at large is a little off-base.

Reactions: lawrence

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express

I hope they get destroyed every game!

Aquaman needs to learn that his meddling isn't working.

Fire this incompetent staff and bring in some people who know what the f*ck their doing.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I feel like projecting your distaste for the management onto the team at large is a little off-base.

How so? This is the team that management built. I can't stand a lot of the players Benning brought in.

While I'd be annoyed because of the sunk cost, I wouldn't at all be upset if we lost all of Nilsson, MDZ, Gudbranson, Sutter, Eriksson, Baertschi, Beagle, Roussel, Schaller, Granlund, Motte, Goldobin, Leipsic, and Pouliot on waivers. That's 14 players. That's how garbage this team is.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
How so? This is the team that management built. I can't stand a lot of the players Benning brought in.

While I'd be annoyed because of the sunk cost, I wouldn't at all be upset if we lost all of Nilsson, MDZ, Gudbranson, Sutter, Eriksson, Baertschi, Beagle, Roussel, Schaller, Granlund, Motte, Goldobin, Leipsic, and Pouliot on waivers. That's 14 players. That's how garbage this team is.

Take a step back and get some perspective. While it's fine to dislike how a player plays or fits into our system, it's another thing entirely to wish failure upon them. If every player you listed lived up to their ceiling rather than getting "embarrassed and pounded into submission" (lol), I doubt you'd have an issue with any of them.

Reactions: lawrence

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
While at the last game I attended (free tickets of course lol) I cheered (in a respectful way, not trying to make a scene) for the other team when they scored and the canucks lost and I was happy.

I believe that jim benning absolutely needs to go for vancouver to have a chance at winning the cup. for that to happen the canucks have to lose - i'd rather this be done quicker like ripping a bandage off. But they keep trading futures for veterans and signing old free agents to long term overpriced deals. And sure, the odds aren't as good as they used to be but why not have the best odds out of everyone at the best players to help this team.

I just want to see the Canucks win the cup, and for that to happen they have to lose as much as possible now.

Alright- here we go Wild, here we go! Big third period, let's get this tank started!

Reactions: Jack Burton

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Take a step back and get some perspective. While it's fine to dislike how a player plays or fits into our system, it's another thing entirely to wish failure upon them. If every player you listed lived up to their ceiling rather than getting "embarrassed and pounded into submission" (lol), I doubt you'd have an issue with any of them.

Except they are playing to their ceiling. What you perceive their ceiling to be is probably not reality. Same with what Benning perceived their ceiling to be. Most of those players are veterans. They are known commodities. They are what they are. There's no more potential there. Benning misjudged who they were and that's why he built a team that's dog shit.

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009

I more or less agree with this, but I still want to see EP/Boeser/Horvat progress too. If they lose but those three play well then that's all I care about. Basically I like watching powerplays only :nod:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I more or less agree with this, but I still want to see EP/Boeser/Horvat progress too. If they lose but those three play well then that's all I care about. Basically I like watching powerplays only :nod:

Those are good players, they'll play well regardless. Just like how McDavid and Draisaitl are playing well despite a bad team around them.

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
Those are good players, they'll play well regardless. Just like how McDavid and Draisaitl are playing well despite a bad team around them.

It's hard to imagine those three would actually be playing well if they go 0-82, score zero goals and give up 574 goals against...

Can't we just lose 7-6 with all three tied for the league lead in scoring with 492 pts each? I want nice things!

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Yeah, all of the reasoning for this is understanding the measures that need to be taken in order to eventually win a cup.

The best chance of that is

A: Having competent management that actually knows how to assemble a decent hockey team over the long term, rather than lust over short term results.

B: Finishing low so we are able to have the highest picks possible... The players at the top of the draft tend to have the highest chance of becoming superstar NHL players, if you go by averages.

C: Continually gain future assets without bleeding them by flipping veteran talent/taking bad contracts for picks/prospects rather than make stupid transactions for 'transition players' and 23~ year old projects.

To achieve the first two, you have to lose hockey games in the current state we are in. The Canucks need to be embarrassed and it needs to fall on Jim Benning and John Weisbrod. They are not 'rebuilding'. They never have been.

We also need a few more pieces that could turn into top line/pairing players. It's much harder to get that without getting top 5 picks.

The real goal is a cup. Not a middling bubble team that makes the playoffs sometimes and bows out in the 1st/2nd round like so many Canucks teams in the past.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
While at the last game I attended (free tickets of course lol) I cheered (in a respectful way, not trying to make a scene) for the other team when they scored and the canucks lost and I was happy.

I believe that jim benning absolutely needs to go for vancouver to have a chance at winning the cup. for that to happen the canucks have to lose - i'd rather this be done quicker like ripping a bandage off. But they keep trading futures for veterans and signing old free agents to long term overpriced deals. And sure, the odds aren't as good as they used to be but why not have the best odds out of everyone at the best players to help this team.

I just want to see the Canucks win the cup, and for that to happen they have to lose as much as possible now.

Alright- here we go Wild, here we go! Big third period, let's get this tank started!

If we are truly as bad as everyone says we are, losing will happen on it's own without needing to cheer for it - especially with all of our injuries. Isn't it a bit more fun to cheer for the success of our young prospects and taking success or failure as it comes? If our prospects play great - then great! I'm happy. If we lose a bunch and get a high pick, then great! With the right mentality you really can't lose in the upswing of a team. Expectations aren't high.

I suppose the idea here is that it's better for us going forward to lose now and can the incompetency in our front office - but you don't need to be constantly negative to the point of outright never cheering for anything positive our team does anymore. At that point, it has to be asked - why even be a fan of the Canucks?

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I mean I want Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat etc to keep producing like they are.

It’s Minnesota’s fault they can’t score against an AHL defense and a bottom 10 starting goaltender.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Sorry guys, I can't be on #TeamTank if Pettersson continues to carry the team like he currently does.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
If we are truly as bad as everyone says we are, losing will happen on it's own without needing to cheer for it - especially with all of our injuries. Isn't it a bit more fun to cheer for the success of our young prospects and taking success or failure as it comes? If our prospects play great - then great! I'm happy. If we lose a bunch and get a high pick, then great! With the right mentality you really can't lose in the upswing of a team. Expectations aren't high.

I suppose the idea here is that it's better for us going forward to lose now and can the incompetency in our front office - but you don't need to be constantly negative to the point of outright never cheering for anything positive our team does anymore. At that point, it has to be asked - why even be a fan of the Canucks?

I can't cheer for this garbage team Benning has put together. And it makes me feel happy when this team loses, so I'll keep hoping for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad