Value of: The price to bring Alexandre Carrier rights to Vancouver?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Hi there Nashville fans

Just wondering what the cost if Alexandre Carrier rights would be? Carrier is relatively young (27) and is a righthanded shot. Something the Canucks are looking for and lacking "Which team isn't lol". Just wondering what the cost is to acquire Carrier?

The Canucks are in a win now stage. They need to entice Pettersson that they're willing to make the moves to compete and make the playoffs. I am sure the Canucks 1st rounder could be made available if Nashville is willing to take a contract. Maybe a expiring Beauvillier?

Out of curiosity what is the asking price? Is Carrier relied on heavily in Nashville, can he find his offensive spark like he had in juniors?

Any input helps, but I am predicting the responses will be, He isn't going anywhere!

Thankyou

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I like Carrier. Have since his draft year, where i had him as a 1st rounder, fairly far against the grain.

But i don't really see the fit with Vancouver right now. He doesn't have the size i'd want if they're going out shopping for a defenceman. Also, he's a pretty similar player to Ethan Bear specifically, who won't cost the Canucks any assets to acquire. Last i heard, he wasn't too far off being ready to sign a contract and come back.

Now...if they were able to swap him for Myers at full cap, that might be a little bit more appealing. Would let them potentially do some other things, without being handcuffed quite so much by the need to move cap in = cap out, and pay through the nose for it.

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
He seems like the kind of guy that's solid, but not great at anything. Solid enough, but not very big. Good shot, good first pass. 2.5m contract ends after this season. Would it be too much for nashville to ask for a second rounder in return? Maybe even a low first? Is he even available?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I think you'll have a better chance getting Fabbro. You should see this as a good thing... he's actually better than Carrier, but will be cheaper to acquire. The Preds seem to like Carrier for some reason, and I doubt they'll be looking to trade him. :dunno:

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
I think you'll have a better chance getting Fabbro. You should see this as a good thing... he's actually better than Carrier, but will be cheaper to acquire. The Preds seem to like Carrier for some reason, and I doubt they'll be looking to trade him. :dunno:
What'd be your ask for Fabbro?

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Hello Vancouver Fans,

Bring ya boy home (Fabbro).

Fabbro+Cody Glass+Luke Propkop for Garland, Myers and 1st?

Forsberg-ROR-Nyquist
Sherwood-Novak-Evangelista
Tomasino-Parsinnen-Garland
Trenin-Sissons-Smith

Josi-Myers
McDonough-Carrier
Stastny-Barrie
Lauzon

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020

How about Fabbro for Beauvillier or Garland? Can't say that your team (coach?) is too crazy about him when he's been a healthy scratch since McDonagh came back, and he dropped right out of the lineup from 1st pair RD to the press box. If you guys want to add another young forward to your stash I think we could have a trade.

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
Hello Vancouver Fans,

Bring ya boy home (Fabbro).

Fabbro+Cody Glass+Luke Propkop for Garland, Myers and 1st?

Forsberg-ROR-Nyquist
Sherwood-Novak-Evangelista
Tomasino-Parsinnen-Garland
Trenin-Sissons-Smith

Josi-Myers
McDonough-Carrier
Stastny-Barrie
Lauzon
Too many moving parts. Just do Fabbro for Myers and Garland

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
How about Fabbro for Beauvillier or Garland? Can't say that your team (coach?) is too crazy about him when he's been a healthy scratch since McDonagh came back, and he dropped right out of the lineup from 1st pair RD to the press box. If you guys want to add another young forward to your stash I think we could have a trade.
At this point, I would probably grudgingly accept Beauvillier for Fabbro. Not that we need Beauvillier. But at least he has an expiring deal, and it would give Fabbro his well-deserved freedom. It's not the way I would ideally like to go for the Preds, and if there was a better futures-oriented return out there from somebody else, I'd take that instead. I personally think Fabbro is really good and we would just be letting Beauvillier walk as a UFA, so this is really coming to what I expect in terms of us essentially "losing Fabbro for nothing". But at least there are no lingering after-effects with Beauvillier. Garland's extra contract years make him a non-starter.

I also don't understand the mention of Myers in this thread? We already have too many D in general. Adding another one isn't of any attraction to us? If the argument is we have the Cap to retain and then flip Myers for a pick, ok... perhaps that is the idea people have here? :dunno:

Picking up either of Beauvillier or Myers or both just to flip for picks at the TDL is at least "something" for Fabbro, even if we're only talking 3rd round picks or whatever, I guess. Which still sucks, but I'm just THAT cynical now about how the Preds are handling Fabbro. :(

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
The Canucks first rounder could be in play. I would definitely be interested in Fabbro if a expiring contract like Myers and Beauvillier went the other way.

Myers, Beauvillier, 1st for Fabbro, Sissons

Would Preds fans do this trade?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
The Canucks first rounder could be in play. I would definitely be interested in Fabbro if a expiring contract like Myers and Beauvillier went the other way.

I don’t think extra complications should be needed and Sissons is not available no. Myers would certainly be more “flippable” for us if the Canucks retained first, then we could possibly try double-retention with our last retention slot to maybe make him movable near the deadline.

Do the Canucks really need loads of extra Cap at this point? I wouldn’t have thought so? Save your 1st for some other TDL pursuit of your own? Or consider Trenin instead of Sissons perhaps? :dunno:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

Sissons is a key part of the bottom 6 in Nashville with his faceoff skills and defense. Also, Novak and Glass are injured so we really kindof need him at center right now.

Too many moving parts. Just do Fabbro for Myers and Garland

Why the fascination with Garland? 2G 5A 7P in 22 games playing for a team that is at the top of the NHL in goals per game. That's below Cole Smith and Keifer Sherwood. In terms of raw production, Garland would be 9th (forwards only) in Nashville right now. When talking PPG, he would drop to 10th behind Tomasino who has been in and out of the lineup. Meanwhile, garland makes almost 5 million in cap.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I don’t think extra complications should be needed and Sissons is not available no. Myers would certainly be more “flippable” for us if the Canucks retained first, then we could possibly try double-retention with our last retention slot to maybe make him movable near the deadline.

Do the Canucks really need loads of extra Cap at this point? I wouldn’t have thought so? Save your 1st for some other TDL pursuit of your own? Or consider Trenin instead of Sissons perhaps? :dunno:

Honestly would love Trenin in replacement for Sissons. The Canucks are lacking any sort of hard forecheck in their lineup. Trenin would be an awesome add.

Fabbro Trenin for????

I honestly dont think your GM would be interested in adding Myers and Beauvillier for Fabbro and Trenin. The Canucks would have to add bigtime, that's why I was adding in a 1st in my previous trade proposals.

Hughes Hronek
Soucey Fabbro

That's a very good top 4 for the Nucks.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Honestly would love Trenin in replacement for Sissons. The Canucks are lacking any sort of hard forecheck in their lineup. Trenin would be an awesome add.

Fabbro Trenin for????

I honestly dont think your GM would be interested in adding Myers and Beauvillier for Fabbro and Trenin. The Canucks would have to add bigtime, that's why I was adding in a 1st in my previous trade proposals.
The way I understand it, Myers is only owed $1M in base salary this season, however. So with < 75% of that remaining to be paid, it's not a lot of real money for the Preds to pay just to "buy a draft pick" if they planned to flip him at the deadline. The bigger issue with Myers is his Cap hit. Which by the TDL will still be $1.5Mish pro-rated? ... but the Preds could retain 50% since it's an expiring deal, and maybe make him into a positive asset for a team looking to beef up their blueline for the playoffs? I'd consider taking him in the deal for the Preds if I was confident I could get a 2nd round pick for him at the TDL. I'm not sure if that's a good bet, however. But paying around $500k for a 2nd round draft pick would seem to be reasonable enough value to me. If Myers isn't THAT bad now? :dunno:

To me, the 1st would be mostly the cost to include Trenin. Could look at it as a little bit towards the Cap and salary too, but I don't think those are as big a problem for Vancouver today, now that the team is winning and is into the season under the Cap, as it might have been perceived to be in the offseason. Now, with those Beauvillier and Myers contracts expiring, the Canucks could easily ride them out, even just as expensive depth players on an otherwise successful team. So I don't think they should have a huge motivation to pay any premium just to move them anymore. (Garland would be a different story, because he has the additional years remaining).

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I would do Beauvillier for Fabbro for no other reason than it helps us get past the next couple months where our RD depth has been an issue and it's good to have D depth if/when playoffs plus the cap space to add a couple million dollar player.

Not a impact move with Bear coming back but it gets us the cap space to fit both in vs a winger who is a luxury currently and we have replacements in Abbotsford for Beauvillier (Bains Podkolzin) unlike the RD position where we really shouldn't be hoping to get by with Juulsen and Friedman for too long

The Canucks go from Beauvillier Juulsen Friedman to Podkolzin Fabbro Bear and Hoglander gets to continue his break out season rather than sit when fully healthy if we ever are.

Nashville gets a player they can move at the deadline or maybe they like him enough to work something out. Beauvillier is not affordable to keep in Vancouver beyond this season so might as well use him to improve in the short term in areas of bigger need

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Hughes Hronek
Soucey Fabbro

That's a very good top 4 for the Nucks.
When did Soucy and Fabbro become good top4 defenseman? a lot of hope and faith in both players improving as Canucks if so.
The way I understand it, Myers is only owed $1M in base salary this season, however. So with < 75% of that remaining to be paid, it's not a lot of real money for the Preds to pay just to "buy a draft pick" if they planned to flip him at the deadline. The bigger issue with Myers is his Cap hit. Which by the TDL will still be $1.5Mish pro-rated? ... but the Preds could retain 50% since it's an expiring deal, and maybe make him into a positive asset for a team looking to beef up their blueline for the playoffs? I'd consider taking him in the deal for the Preds if I was confident I could get a 2nd round pick for him at the TDL. I'm not sure if that's a good bet, however. But paying around $500k for a 2nd round draft pick would seem to be reasonable enough value to me. If Myers isn't THAT bad now? :dunno:

To me, the 1st would be mostly the cost to include Trenin. Could look at it as a little bit towards the Cap and salary too, but I don't think those are as big a problem for Vancouver today, now that the team is winning and is into the season under the Cap, as it might have been perceived to be in the offseason. Now, with those Beauvillier and Myers contracts expiring, the Canucks could easily ride them out, even just as expensive depth players on an otherwise successful team. So I don't think they should have a huge motivation to pay any premium just to move them anymore. (Garland would be a different story, because he has the additional years remaining).
We dont need Trenin at the expense of a 1st and as far as Myers were better off keeping him at this point unless we get a legit top4 RD back that can play shut down minutes. Fabbro is not that player or he wouldn't be available at his age and quite frankly i dont even see him as an upgrade on Ethan Bear who we can have for free in 3-4 weeks but still have some interest as were gonna need defensive depth and dont want Friedman or Juulsen playing important minutes

Beauvillier for Fabbro makes sense alone as it moves RD depth for winger depth with both players on the smaller side who can move up but are not ideal top6 top4 and gives them both better opportunities going forward. Beauvillier is a big upgrade to Foudy in the top9 at minimum while Fabbro at minimum helps the Canuck D get through injuries to Soucy and Bear

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
When did Soucy and Fabbro become good top4 defenseman? a lot of hope and faith in both players improving as Canucks if so.

We dont need Trenin at the expense of a 1st and as far as Myers were better off keeping him at this point unless we get a legit top4 RD back that can play shut down minutes. Fabbro is not that player or he wouldn't be available at his age and quite frankly i dont even see him as an upgrade on Ethan Bear who we can have for free in 3-4 weeks but still have some interest as were gonna need defensive depth and dont want Friedman or Juulsen playing important minutes

Beauvillier for Fabbro makes sense alone as it moves RD depth for winger depth with both players on the smaller side who can move up but are not ideal top6 top4 and gives them both better opportunities going forward. Beauvillier is a big upgrade to Foudy in the top9 at minimum while Fabbro at minimum helps the Canuck D get through injuries to Soucy and Bear
Fabbro was Josi's partner for his 95 point season. His usage since then has been confusing for us fans.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Fabbro was Josi's partner for his 95 point season. His usage since then has been confusing for us fans.
yes and who was Karlsson's partner last year? Obviously now that Josi is starting to show age related decline the partnership isn't what it used to be or they would still be together.

Josi had better shot shares away from Fabbro than with that year so they were able to balance the ice time to help the team overall. We've seen Hughes carry Schenn here too so?

While i do believe he's capable of playing as a NHL regular lets not get carried away? They are not trying to sabotage Fabbro or Josi they just need someone who can turn pucks over and Fabbro isn't that great at it and now that Josi is getting a bit slower and has less energy the reality is Fabbro hasn't been ideal so they are having a hard time placing him in your lineup especially with a similar smaller puck mover in Carrier who skates better.

If/when Schenn comes back he's probably the odd man out. Getting Beauvillier for a 6/7D would be a good move for your forward group and good for us because we get depth a short term need and free up a wing position and about 2 million for signing Bear. If Fabbro is being spotted by your team as the deadline approaches i doubt you get more than a 3rd or 4th for a smallish puck mover vs a top9 winger who has a good playoff reputation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad