OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Whats a Running Back? Does it make the Steel Steeler?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Feels like we're losing. My view towards the offense is so negative even if we win I still think we lost.

Najee Harris is not it Chief. We gotta get a better RB so Pickett isn't stuck throwing on 3rd and 10 all the damn time.
Jaylen Warren. He's it. He's literally it.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I’m all for giving Warren the bulk of the snaps over Harris at this point. I honestly don’t think he’ll be more effective running it since teams are literally putting 10 guys near the line, but he’s a way better receiving threat out of the backfield.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I think Warren is a nice RB but they aren't going to have a run game unless they find a new Bo Jackson with this line.

They either suck at run blocking or Canada is so incopetent that defenses know they are running before it happens.

Seeing as they tried running at a 10 man defensive box on one play in the first half, I'm leaning towards the latter being the biggest issue.

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
I watched a lot of football this weekend and there's a some really interesting offensive coaching out there. Miami using speed to stretch defenses horizontally, Philly going old school in the trenches, 9ers using rhythm and layered routes, Steichen / AR in Indy, etc. Steelers aren't quite Chicago bad, but they're so vanilla, it's like a HS offense at times. Pickett needs to be better, and is likely not the franchise guy, but he could still use a system that lets him get comfortable, atleast.

9ers and Browns do have great defenses, too. That's some of it.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad