The Pittsburgher Thread: Want Negativity? Stop and say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Well we are in luck this year with it being so deep with Corners. One of Williams, Baker, or Murphy should be available for us at 20. Not that I dont like AO from PSU but if they take him instead at 20(wouldnt mind it last year for example instead of Edmunds but we are picking higher this year) Ill be pissed.

Reactions: domaug

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Top talent corners aren’t a dime a dozen and they aren’t left when the Steelers draft. They either need to trade up to grab one or try the FA route.

The whole exchange above your post was about the Steelers taking Dupree over one of the best corners in the league this year. So this myth that they don't have a high enough pick to get any needs to stop.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
it would be really interested to see the world where a fired keith butler needs another job in football. wonder where he would land

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
That whole exchange also has a hell of a lot of hindsight included. Every team passes on players that when looking back, would’ve been nice to draft.

Things like the Edmunds pick I don’t get, but Dupree had raw first round talent that we were hoping would flourish with coaching.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
That whole exchange also has a hell of a lot of hindsight included. Every team passes on players that when looking back, would’ve been nice to draft.

Things like the Edmunds pick I don’t get, but Dupree had raw first round talent that we were hoping would flourish with coaching.

Agree and especially where we pick, we have just been spoiled with the Steelere hitting home runs with their first round picks for years. Hampton, Ben, Miller, Polamalu, Holmes, Heyward, Pouncey, DeCastro, etc.

So this 6 year stretch has been concerning. Two were great picks in Shazier and Watt. And we lost Shazier, cant blame that on the FO but definitely hurt the team considering. Burns was a reach. Jarvis Jones had injury concerns thats why he dropped...we had no idea that was the least of the problems. Dupree was a freak athlete and the league was changing so I get that. But the Edmunds pick is what bothers me since they know they had issues lately in the first. No idea why they reached on him other than it being a domino effect from the Shazier injury. Us wanting that hybrid safety/ILB. Not only did losing Shazier hurt our team but hurt our decision making in last years draft. LVE and Evans were off the board and they reached for Edmunds. That can't happen.

But like I said, luckily we had that 2017 draft and Davis/Hargrave in 2016. Now we need this draft to be another home run. Hopefully picking 20 makes that happen.

But yeah so many other teams are much worse at drafting. Counting teams who select much higher than we do. The list above I mentioned is ridiculously good considering where most of those guys were selected. We've been spoiled with that expecting our first round pick to be an all pro every time. While we cant expect that, we need to do better than this 6 year stretch. Its what set us back a bit.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
QB Kyler Murray expected to declare for the draft. That would push another top prospect down the board for us. Haskins will also be taken and hopefully a few other QBs...Lock and Daniel.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Who thought he was ever going to release him?

That would be dumb, but Steelers are kind of dumb now so... guess this is breaking news then.

Yeah, Dulac has now posted an article in which Art says he can’t imagine AB being at training camp with the other players and he needs to talk to some players about whether he can be brought back...he’s doing a really bad job of increasing AB’s trade value on the market if that what he wants...also says AB has not returned his calls either, lol...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Yeah, Dulac has now posted an article in which Art says he can’t imagine AB being at training camp with the other players and he needs to talk to some players about whether he can be brought back...he’s doing a really bad job of increasing AB’s trade value on the market if that what he wants...also says AB has not returned his calls either, lol...

Also said Bell was returning...He has no clue whats going on imo.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
what would a realistic return for AB be? i have a hard time figuring it would be anything more than a mid-1st round pick. trade value in the NFL is weird.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
what would a realistic return for AB be? i have a hard time figuring it would be anything more than a mid-1st round pick. trade value in the NFL is weird.
They won't get what Oakland got for Amari Cooper, even. AB is better. But Cooper is younger, not a cancer and a lower cap hit.

Bout a 2nd rounder I'd say. Very "meh" in my book. This whole situation just sucks. Offense will take a HUGE hit with AB gone... but how can you keep the guy at this point?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Definitely a first. Depends on how many teams are involved as well. There are teams who are close to reaching that next level and have the cap space.

Texans with Watson at QB, but nobody across from Hopkins..imagine Brown on the other side. Two top WRs in this league.

Colts with Luck at QB but nobody other than T.Y. Hilton. And 120 mil in cap space. Another option..and maybe go after Bell too lol.

Jets have a 2nd year QB next year and desperately need a WR to help him develop. Brown could be that.

49ers with Garrapolo. Cards with Rosen.

There are a ton of teams who need a WR...especially one like Brown.

Yeah players don't usually get traded for much but this is a unique situation. And while Brown is 30, its well known around the league he is still at the top of his game. And locked up for awhile...will still perform at a high level. With his talent and work ethic(when attending practice) you may as well compare him to a 26 year old WR. Age should not be a factor at all.

So depending on the amount of teams interested Im saying first rounder +. Depends where that first round pick is tho.

We arent going to lose Bell and Brown in the same season for basically nothing...thats for sure.

Also the fact we would still have 21 mil in cap hit if trading him theres no benefit in unloading him for anything less than a great offer .

The season just ended...its been a mess of a year(starting with Bell) and players are pissed. Theyll cool down as time goes by and I think he stays. Unless like I said someone blows us away with an offer

Last edited:

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

I still firmly believe it will be a first at minimum.

It comes down to whether teams in the top 15 wanna give up that pick for AB though. I'm not in their heads so I couldnt tell who thinks it would be worth it and who doesnt.

But there will surely be a bidding war for him, so that will help somewhat.

Idk if a team that is gonna need more than AB to be a SB/Playoff contender like San Fran is gonna realistically give up #2OV.

But a team like GB with 2 1st rounders could most certainly be in the conversation to give up 1 of their 1sts.

Then use their cap space to help their defense in UFA.

Last edited:

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
Bills needs a WR for their young QB. AB for the Bills 9th overall pick.

Steelers could draft Devin White(best ILB) and Deandre Baker in the first round.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The whole exchange above your post was about the Steelers taking Dupree over one of the best corners in the league this year. So this myth that they don't have a high enough pick to get any needs to stop.
No, I agree the they have missed on many first round corner talents because they were “reaching”.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I can see us getting a first from a team with multiple this year or someone offers us a 1 next year.

We'll see.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
It’s pathetic that we need to hire someone to tell shaft when to call a timeout.
It's becoming pretty standard in the league. I feel like he got a lot of shit for not actually hiring someone for clock management and challenges. Now he's getting shit for hiring someone?

Oh and calling him Shaft is pretty racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2