OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Okay if Gene is saying it's bad, I'll take back my comment. I think his comments there make a lot of sense, Jefferson was just running his route and the DB just ran into him.

Yes, it's designed to be a pick play but it was very clearly not initiated by Jefferson.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Jefferson should have absolutely run out of bounds there and left like 4 seconds on the clock. That's enough time to make a quick shot at the endzone and also kick the field goal after.

I do think it's valid to say that the Steelers may have just kicked the field goal with 4 seconds left, but that was a boneheaded move by Jefferson IMO.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Okay if Gene is saying it's bad, I'll take back my comment. I think his comments there make a lot of sense, Jefferson was just running his route and the DB just ran into him.

Yes, it's designed to be a pick play but it was very clearly not initiated by Jefferson.
I felt he didn't initiate it and like Gene it didn't seem obvious enough so the refs were just looking for a reason, any reason and this was so borderline and ridiculous this early in the season to call.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Can't really complain about being up 10-0 at halftime right now, especially with the Steelers receiving in the 3rd. The Broncos don't seem to have a functioning offense while the Steelers offense is working well. The only blemishes have been penalties against Jones, and Jones is presumably benched.

If they get a TD to start the 2nd half I'll be feeling very comfortable for the rest of the game.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Pickens must be furious lol, he's had 3 huge plays called back due to penalties in 1.5 games
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad