OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
there was no reason for him to be holding. just lots of brain farts. need some good coaching. it's not like he was beaten and just grabbed his man.

Yes, he does need good coaching. He was drafted as an extremely raw prospect and needed to develop. The issue is that he hasn't developed. If Jones was a 4th round pick instead of a 1st rounder, people would be screaming for him to get cut.

I don't know if it's due to injuries or what, but Jones is just terrible right now. I already had concerns about him and his terrible start to this year (especially in contrast to Frazier looking like an all-pro C immediately) just makes me think he's a bust.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I said it last week, I think Fields' athleticism advantage on Wilson is worth more to this offense than the better arm talent Wilson has on Fields.
I don't even think Fields has a worse arm. I think he just has to gain confidence to show that more. Like that throw to Fields was money and then Jones ruined another drive.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Watching Quinn Meinerz just drives me up a wall. Sitting there for the picking...Kendrick Green. Horrible pick the second it was made.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
there was no reason for him to be holding. just lots of brain farts. need some good coaching. it's not like he was beaten and just grabbed his man.
Both holds didn't need to happen. He just got lazy and cost his team. I'd sit his ass the rest of the game. I don't want to see his stupid ass out there at all the rest of this game.

Reactions: The Old Master

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Yes, he does need good coaching. He was drafted as an extremely raw prospect and needed to develop. The issue is that he hasn't developed. If Jones was a 4th round pick instead of a 1st rounder, people would be screaming for him to get cut.

I don't know if it's due to injuries or what, but Jones is just terrible right now. I already had concerns about him and his terrible start to this year (especially in contrast to Frazier looking like an all-pro C immediately) just makes me think he's a bust.
Overly harsh I think. It's his sophomore year, he's injured, and he's playing his off side. I feel like now that Fields is performing I have to do this with Jones - Jones will be fine. He is definitely not right currently. At worst, he's a Pro Bowl guard. The dude is massive and unbelievably athletic.

Reactions: metalan2

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I don't even think Fields has a worse arm. I think he just has to gain confidence to show that more. Like that throw to Fields was money and then Jones ruined another drive.
Totally comparable.

I didn't watch a ton of Oregon, but Nix can really get up to speed in a hurry. I didn't know that about him.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

metalan2

May 30, 2008
The issue with Jones is that he doesn't have a position. Confusing him constantly, moving him around.

He was insanely good last year. Maybe put him in a position to succeed. Dan Moore is not an elite left tackle.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
#BigDaddyMustDelete
giphy.gif

Reactions: T1K

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
TJ should have 12 sacks today with how easily Nix is dropping to the ground. It's crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad