OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It’s extremely fair to view Warren as a superior player to Najee. It’s also extremely fair to question if Warren’s efficiency would be as good as it is if he was used as a feature back in this offense the past 2 seasons. Especially on early “run” downs with a OC/QB combo that allowed defensive coordinators to really stack the box.

I prefer Warren’s style in the modern NFL but think they both benefit from the other.

I don't think it's even just that the previous offence allowed defensive coordinators to stack the box. I think Tomlin wants them to do it. They've very nakedly building around the idea of being a power running team that forces teams to really commit to defending the run, which will let them physically punish them a lot of the time and then strike for big gains.

Which is part of what attracted them to Harris and part of why they use him as they do. I can't say I'm cheering for it but it is what they want and I reckon if they let Harris go, they'll go get another big back and he'll get similar numbers (unless the OL really picks it up).

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
In Hill's press conference he claims he "didn't know" why he got put in cuffs and detained. If you can't believe a person who has had multiple DV situations, who CAN you believe in this world?

Reactions: wheelz87 and Fordy

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
In Hill's press conference he claims he "didn't know" why he got put in cuffs and detained. If you can't believe a person who has had multiple DV situations, who CAN you believe in this world?

He acted like a dbag during the whole exchange but the body cam footage was pretty bad for the officer as well.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
He acted like a dbag during the whole exchange but the body cam footage was pretty bad for the officer as well.
This - while everyone on Twitter is determined to have a hot take that generally is dependent upon their political views, it can certainly be true that BOTH Hill was a dickhead and that cops were ridiculous.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
This - while everyone on Twitter is determined to have a hot take that generally is dependent upon their political views, it can certainly be true that BOTH Hill was a dickhead and that cops were ridiculous.
I don’t know Florida law, but I do know in some states high speed and reckless driving can be misdemeanor or even felony level depending on speed. PA is pretty lenient with those offenses as far as actually going to jail over it.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I don’t know Florida law, but I do know in some states high speed and reckless driving can be misdemeanor or even felony level depending on speed. PA is pretty lenient with those offenses as far as actually going to jail over it.

I live in Florida, things are strict compared to PA. If you get in an accident and you're not at fault, you're still at fault as far as insurance companies go.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Yea goes back to my original point: Hill willfully acting like he did nothing wrong during his press conference. Then he starts about "well what if I wasn't Tyrek Hill?"

He's an amazing player, but an asshole off the field.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yea goes back to my original point: Hill willfully acting like he did nothing wrong during his press conference. Then he starts about "well what if I wasn't Tyrek Hill?"

He's an amazing player, but an asshole off the field.
He got what he deserved. Putting his window back up like that when the officer was still talking with him was petulant, dismissive and arrogant. It was a big mistake! lol

Surprised the officers didn't give him a few rabbit punches to his back when yanking his sorry ass out of the car for ''further'' compliance.

I live in Florida, things are strict compared to PA. If you get in an accident and you're not at fault, you're still at fault as far as insurance companies go.
Lots of alligators, Hurricanes, humidity and insects down there, no thanks, click!

Fordy

May 28, 2008

actually i can believe he's dumb enough and enough of a narcissist to not know

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
The Tomlin era in one stat:

I'm convinced that the 2019 season most closely reflected Tomlin's ideal philosophy. I bet he thinks that if he had a QB who was just a little better than Duck or Mason, he could have taken that team to the Super Bowl.

Tomlin underperformed with an offensive lead team with HOF-quality QB and WR. The Killer Bs teams didn't mesh with his philosophy and conflicted with his gut-level understanding of football. He'd rather have his own Trent Dilfer so he can replicate the 2000 Ravens and win with an all-time defense and a clock-killing offense

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Basically any state that 95 runs through I believe it's a felony. I make the trek from Pittsburgh to Sarasota. Radar detectors are very helpful. Georgia State Patrol literally camp out in the woods with lasers. It's absurd how far some states go.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I'm convinced that the 2019 season most closely reflected Tomlin's ideal philosophy. I bet he thinks that if he had a QB who was just a little better than Duck or Mason, he could have taken that team to the Super Bowl.

Tomlin underperformed with an offensive lead team with HOF-quality QB and WR. The Killer Bs teams didn't mesh with his philosophy and conflicted with his gut-level understanding of football. He'd rather have his own Trent Dilfer so he can replicate the 2000 Ravens and win with an all-time defense and a clock-killing offense
when he had the killer bs and Haley they were setting records in the regular season. Only 1 playoff appearance with all 3 together
They were willing to pay 2 wr 60 million dollars aav

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

That's usually how these things go. Hill is a well known piece of shit person and it's not surprising a power tripping cop in Florida is acting like an asshole either.

Shit people attract shit people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad