OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I loved the third down play call - screen out to Jefferson - right before the failed 4th and 1. Issue was both receivers didn't block. Pickens likely because he has zero drive to block for others and Austin because hes 5'5". Still thought he could have gotten the first despite all that. There was no need to rush to the line afterwards. A good coach would have taken a TO to settle stuff down. TD there and game is over.

Agreed on Najee - liked how he ran for the most part.
Yeah, this should be a first down or even a touchdown. It was a solid effort from Fields overall, I thought the decision to just spike the ball at Warrens feet on that failed screen was good decision making too.

1725828205934.png

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
That penalty on Watt - he was moving at the snap but not across the line of scrimmage and not to where he could draw a penalty for trying to bait a false start. Looked the same on the failed fourth down call going the other way. I don’t know how many refs are charged with watching for that and making the calls.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Watching a little bit of the Denver game since we play them next week... I know Nix is just a rookie but Watt should eat him alive lol. Denver D looks alright though

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, this should be a first down or even a touchdown. It was a solid effort from Fields overall, I thought the decision to just spike the ball at Warrens feet on that failed screen was good decision making too.

View attachment 905863

Yeah that one I give a ton of credit to Smith for, that's a great play-call that should have been a TD. It's just that the Steelers WR didn't block whatsoever.

We have obviously talked about their needs for WR plenty, but I really think this team needs some bigger WRs to play this kind of offense. You need to be able to block and I don't think any of their WRs can block well.

Reactions: WickedWrister

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Seeing the stats from the Broncos game is making me more bullish on Russel Wilson.

He isn't what he was, but I feel like Sean Payton used him as a scapegoat so people don't realize he is washed and was only really ever carried by Drew Brees and Boutygate to success.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Seeing the stats from the Broncos game is making me more bullish on Russel Wilson.

He isn't what he was, but I feel like Sean Payton used him as a scapegoat so people don't realize he is washed and was only really ever carried by Drew Brees and Boutygate to success.
Kind of funny they're winning with 2 FG's and two safeties in one half though lol

Nix looks overwhelmed early

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
2 years away from the game can really affect a player. Then he has been constantly hurt.

He has barely played any games in what like 4 years?

I think he has lost that edge you need when playing in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad