OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't see how that 49ers report can be completely and totally true if they must have players.

Also nice to see Trice involved.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Yea I would still need to see it absolutely confirmed that was all the ask was, but if true I’d be pissed.

Now a 2, 3 and Pickens? GTFO.

From this whole ordeal, that reporter seems to be the guy the niners feed info to so it could be them conveniently leaving part of the asking price out for whatever reason to make them look better.

From the Steelers side, maybe they are having serious thoughts of starting Fields and would be left without a pick in rounds 2-4. But even then it’d be moronic not to do that trade

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Stop with Pickens being involved. It’s not realistic.

And ai wouldn’t do that trade if I was Khan. Not two picks like that in the same draft. My guess is Khan has offered a 2nd and 3rd but in 2025 and 2026. They choose.

SF is stuck. They either make a deal or they don’t.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
They really should just let Leal get uncontrollably fat and play him at nose. He's so much better looking as an interior lineman.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

I’d be pretty pissed if this is all they were asking for and Khan doesn’t do it.

The Steelers are probably trying to split up the years for the pick, but I also think it’s a little disingenuous to see this report coming from someone affiliated with the 49ers. As Aiyuk said, they’re working the media trying to save face. If they really wanted Aiyuk, they know his number. The 49ers are the ones causing all the drama with their inability to make a decision.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
That was pretty uneventful even for a preseason game. I thought Payton Wilson, Frazier, and Watts looked good. They really just need to let Broderick Jones play one spot though — enough flipping him between left and right tackle.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
That was pretty uneventful even for a preseason game. I thought Payton Wilson, Frazier, and Watts looked good. They really just need to let Broderick Jones play one spot though — enough flipping him between left and right tackle.
I’m sure he’s tired of it. Let Jones and Fautanu learn one spot for crying out loud

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Wilson's speed is definitely as advertised.

Can't agree enough about Jones.

And re what you said earlier about slot - yeah, I wish they'd take it seriously. I get there's always going to be holes but recently their attitude has been throw crap at it, hope it sticks, then patchwork it up when it doesn't. Bishop wasn't awful but he's definitely going to get worked a few times.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Honestly the more Aiyuk sulks in public, the more okay I am with not getting him. Which I guess is useful right now. Win-win.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Actually I would mind giving up a 2hd and 3rd round in the same draft.

A 2hd and a 5th is doable though, or two 3rds in separate drafts.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
That whole draft class is gonna be injury prone except for Payton Wilson, who won't miss a game as he plays for 10 years :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad