OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The usual suspects trashing the Steelers based upon a quarter or two of a preseason game is as predictable as it gets. Golf clap, guys. They were 3-0 last year - how'd that work out?

So using your logic if they look terrible in preseason it means they'll be better this season? Simply pointing out how Tomlin's teams always are sloppy and constantly shoot themselves. WAKE UP

Reactions: lastcupever75

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
So using your logic if they look terrible in preseason it means they'll be better this season? Simply pointing out how Tomlin's teams always are sloppy and constantly shoot themselves. WAKE UP
Thanks Kev. You should just get back to stroking your Pickett fathead and turn it off, really, if watching backups make mistakes in a meaningless game gives you this anxiety.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Pickett had a perfect QB rating in the preseason last year

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Mills is a nice backup for the Texans. If I remember correctly, he had some good moments as a starter, but tended to force the ball a bit too much.

Reactions: Peat

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Was the perfect Fields game tonight. Looks great at times and made numerous mistakes at others. Not going to take the job away from Wilson taking that many sacks and turning it over like that.
It’s an uphill battle for him now. I’m pretty bummed honestly.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Texans have dominated in every facet of the game. This is why you don't allow a coach to get too comfortable.

Loudermilk is the posterchild for a lazy organization. Dude should have been cut after his first training camp. And here is, doing nothing in his 4th camp.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Wilson was always going to be the starter but…it’s not like the sack thing is going to go away with him. That’s his biggest issue and you have young tackles. Things are probably gonna be pretty ugly no matter the QB early on.

Reactions: The Old Master

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Wilson was always going to be the starter but…it’s not like the sack thing is going to go away with him. That’s his biggest issue and you have young tackles. Things are probably gonna be pretty ugly no matter the QB early on.
Yeah. Wilson takes a lot of sacks also. It's going to be an issue and it'll likely lead to Smith/Tomlin reeling things in even more.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Pickens looked faster than last year. It seemed like he was hitting 1st gear quicker, but maybe it’s more of an indicator that he’s separating more.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Think Smith did a good job of making it easy on Fields and he responded well. Looked fluent and in rhythm. Shame his best pass got ruled incomplete when it very clearly wasn't on the replay. That said, even if it isn't his fault, he can't take two sacks and two handoff fumbles and keep the pressure up on Wilson with zero scores. And certainly it was far from all his fault.

Kyle Allen looked good at times but that overthrow to Austin and that long bomb to Scotty Miller was that was inches from an interception both yikes.

Think Jonathan Ward is headed to the practice squad. Quez what's his face just picked an awful time to screw up.

I'm not going to get too on the case of a defence that doesn't have its stars and is going against a strong offence (Mills looked really good) but

a) that rushing touchdown was a wooooof moment
b) if you're looking for guys that stuck their hand up, you're looking long and hard pass Adams and Leal

I kind of wish Bishop had done more. I started focusing on him a little after that nearly sack. You don't really want your first team slot CB losing Stephen Sims on a crosser. Seemed real slow to read that and go with him.

Last edited:

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Think Smith did a good job of making it easy on Fields and he responded well. Looked fluent and in rhythm. Shame his best pass got ruled incomplete when it very clearly wasn't on the replay. That said, even if it isn't his fault, he can't take two sacks and two handoff fumbles and keep the pressure up on Wilson with zero scores. And certainly it was far from all his fault.

Kyle Allen looked good at times but that overthrow to Austin and that long bomb to Scotty Miller was that was inches from an interception both yikes.

Think Jonathan Ward is headed to the practice squad. Quez what's his face just picked an awful time to screw up.

I'm not going to get too on the case of a defence that doesn't have its stars and is going against a strong offence (Mills looked really good) but

a) that rushing touchdown was a wooooof moment
b) if you're looking for guys that stuck their hand up, you're looking long and hard pass Adams and Leal

I kind of wish Bishop had done more. I started focusing on him a little after that nearly sack. You don't really want your first team slot CB losing Stephen Sims on a crosser. Seemed real slow to read that and go with thim.

I wish they put more of an emphasis on the slot corner role. I know Bishop has looked good in camp but it’s an area that could bite them in the ass I think.

Reactions: Peat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad