OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Well, nice to see Tank Dell recovered from his season-ending injury from last year. Steelers good at boosting confidence.

Reactions: Andy99

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Steelers amazingly going with same Post franchise qb plan the enacted after Bradshaw. That only led to 15 year drought. Unfortunately, we did nothing with Ben for nearly a decade and now just starting to put that plan into place.

Texans look like men........

Ryans is so much ahead of the game than Tomlin and you see it everywhere.

Reactions: lastcupever75

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I was expecting to come into this game saying "the new kickoff rules look awful" but honestly it's not bad. I think they'll just need to figure out better presentation for it, but the rule itself seems fine.

Fields looks good so far, really nice pass on that play-action there.

I don't mean to make it a Pickett vs Fields thing again, but Fields' arm talent seems better than Pickett's arm talent.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I like our young linemen. Spencer Anderson plays solid reps too

Beautiful block by Fautanu

Bad throw by Fields.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
At some point you deserve what you get. The Steelers arrogantly gave a extremely average coach a lifetime position expecting championship results. Last year my excitement for the season in the 1st qtr against SF. This year, it's the 1st qtr of the 1st preseason game.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
At some point you deserve what you get. The Steelers arrogantly gave a extremely average coach a lifetime position expecting championship results. Last year my excitement for the season in the 1st qtr against SF. This year, it's the 1st qtr of the 1st preseason game.

But.... but.... something that happened 50 years ago, so the Steelers are always right!

• Haha
Reactions: Coastal Kev

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I think it looks like a preseason game, haha. I’m glad football is back, there’s no need to get all riled up during these.

Reactions: WickedWrister

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I thought Fields looked solid :dunno:

The snap exchanges could very well have been because they have a center that’s not actually a center snapping the ball.

I have a feeling Herbig as their starting center isn't going to last for this reason.

Idk the name of the Steelers QB3 but he also just had a dime of a throw.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I’ve seen more play action through one quarter than I saw Canada’s entire time as OC. So that’s nice.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I'm being ultra negative..........rain drenched for the last week will do that. I was hoping for some fireworks,.

Art is the boring man alive

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Well, nice to see Tank Dell recovered from his season-ending injury from last year. Steelers good at boosting confidence.
Absolutely love him for fantasy this year. Nico and Diggs are going ahead of him, but I think Tank is their best WR.

I thought Fields looked solid :dunno:

The snap exchanges could very well have been because they have a center that’s not actually a center snapping the ball.
Maybe I’m being cynical but those both looked to be on Fields to me. Good stats, but I’m a little disappointed in that performance. Hopefully when they review the tape it turns out to not be on Fields, but I’m skeptical.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad