OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Bill Hillgrove left the Steelers broadcast booth because he didn't like the direction of pro football.

He believed there's lots of entitlement and sensationalism with very little accountability. Too much fluff etc.!

He's a very very wise man!

He is a 3rd wr had this trade went through at the draft like khan thought it would he might not even be a Steeler
Do you have a link to support that notion? Or, are you just making things up?

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Bill Hillgrove left the Steelers broadcast booth because he didn't like the direction of pro football.

He believed there's lots of entitlement and sensationalism with very little accountability. Too much fluff etc.!

He's a very very wise man!

Do you have a link to support that notion? Or, are you just making things up?
They literally adjusted Highsmith contract right around the draft freeing up un needed cap that they still have spent in hopes of trading for Aiyuk or Metcalf. They thought a trade was in place at the draft

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
They literally adjusted Highsmith contract right around the draft freeing up un needed cap that they still have spent in hopes of trading for Aiyuk or Metcalf. They thought a trade was in place at the draft
Looks more like speculation than cold hard facts, and if so and after 6 months of this BS, why hasn't a deal been consummated?

Aiyuk isn't freakin Jerry Rice in his prime. This doesn't have to be all that complicated.

It's beyond Silly at this point.

Honestly, and I have a ton of respect for Omar! But trading Johnson put us in a very precarious position with wideouts when he really didn't need to do so. He should have had an apt replacement prior to sending him to CAR. That's one mistake he made because since then we've been in a holding pattern going on 7 months now! Despite how Van Jefferson looks at TC.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Aiyuk’s agent was at Raiders camp today. I’ve seen a little speculation (not from anyone notable) that maybe there could be a 3 team trade:

PIT: Aiyuk
SF: Adams
LV: picks

I’m not expecting that, but I do think it’s an interesting idea.

Looks more like speculation than cold hard facts, and if so and after 6 months of this BS, why hasn't a deal been consummated?

Aiyuk isn't freakin Jerry Rice in his prime. This doesn't have to be all that complicated.

Honestly, and I have a ton of respect for Omar! But trading Johnson put us in a very precarious position with wideouts when he really didn't need to do so. He should have had an apt replacement prior to sending him to CAR. That's one mistake he made because since then we've been in a holding pattern going on 7 months now! Despite how Van Jefferson looks at TC.
Have some patience man

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Aiyuk’s agent was at Raiders camp today. I’ve seen a little speculation (not from anyone notable) that maybe there could be a 3 team trade:

PIT: Aiyuk
SF: Adams
LV: picks

I’m not expecting that, but I do think it’s an interesting idea.

Have some patience man
Patience? It's been since early March!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I have two issues with this.

One: Khan traded a quality WR without having a replacement in place, which needlessly put us behind the eight ball and has now for 6 months!

Two: We're being lied to by ppl in the media who want so desperately to make a name for themselves, they'll go with ''stories'' that can't be substantiated by anyone credible.

At least I didn't fall for this BS, but they should be held accountable for putting this junk out for public consumption.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Couple of things: I'm kinda in on your way of thinking but then I remember how much I loathed Johnson as a football player, which he was not. Soff, the anti Hines Ward. Aiyuk may not be Rice, but dude balls out and plays like a warrior. You win with guys like BA, not DJ.

I also don't see a dropoff between DJ and Van. If we sit with roster as it is right now, the WR is still much improved. BA takes the roster to a new level, but then the ball goes back to the QB room.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Ok the season starts in September
Right, and if this matter wasn't a focal point for six months that would be different.

Point being, if it isn't done then ppl shouldn't report lies as if it's a done deal.

Like I said, no integrity by these media nerds.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Couple of things: I'm kinda in on your way of thinking but then I remember how much I loathed Johnson as a football player, which he was not. Soff, the anti Hines Ward. Aiyuk may not be Rice, but dude balls out and plays like a warrior. You win with guys like BA, not DJ.

I also don't see a dropoff between DJ and Van. If we sit with roster as it is right now, the WR is still much improved. BA takes the roster to a new level, but then the ball goes back to the QB room.
I disagree about DJ vs VJ. He might fit in here just fine, We'll see, but it's the drama since march that I take issue with regarding this WR saga.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
They were willing to take back kendrick bourne
Kendrick Bourne has been in that system before and done well for them so there’s a familiarity aspect to that. Also they would have been getting better picks from New England than they would the Steelers. I’m also not sure Bourne is worse than any Steeler receiver not named Pickens

It is pretty funny that if DJ was still here this deal would probably be done already with it being DJ+ picks for Aiyuk

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Kendrick Bourne has been in that system before and done well for them so there’s a familiarity aspect to that. Also they would have been getting better picks from New England than they would the Steelers. I’m also not sure Bourne is worse than any Steeler receiver not named Pickens

It is pretty funny that if DJ was still here this deal would probably be done already with it being DJ+ picks for Aiyuk
No way do the 49ers put up with DJ. The number 1 rule they have is run blocking from the wr position. Bourne has 1 800 yard season not sure he is anything special

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
No way do the 49ers put up with DJ. The number 1 rule they have is run blocking from the wr position. Bourne has 1 800 yard season not sure he is anything special
I didn’t say he was special. I just said I’m not sure he’s worse than what currently on the Steelers roster outside of Pickens

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Well, if we still had DJ we wouldn't be up against it by only having Pickens and the sisters of the poor as a supporting cast.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
If the Niners want a wideout in return for Aiyuk, I'd be fine losing Calvin Austin III. Make it happen, Khan.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad