OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
sounds like more people are coalescing on the rumor from this morning being the basic deal?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It's not even worth it at this point.

If it's this difficult just forget it.

I hope these imbeciles lose their jobs for spewing out lies and half truths!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
There's no integrity at all, these are the nerds that routinely got beat up in high school! And now they try to be relevant on the backs of talented ppl who really move the needle.

This is how they get their jollies! They're all nerds and they're all morally compromised piles of garbage!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Schefter has always been a shameless, grade-A weirdo that will put out whatever teams tell him to. They give him scoops though so it works for him.
But he never claimed it's a done deal. At least he's not dealing in fables.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
IMO if they do land Aiyuk, Muth either gets an extension before the year or I wonder about him being the casualty of the trade next offseason.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Schefter has always been a shameless, grade-A weirdo that will put out whatever teams tell him to. They give him scoops though so it works for him.
This is sort of true but the vast majority of his information comes from agents, not teams. He's been fairly quiet on this compared to others so I suspect it's because the agent isn't really giving up much.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

This kind of makes some sense. I get they’re losing Aiyuk, but I’m not sure why they’re so insistent on bringing another one after drafting one in the first and re-signing Jennings. Or who they could possibly get at this point.

IMO if they do land Aiyuk, Muth either gets an extension before the year or I wonder about him being the casualty of the trade next offseason.

I think Muth and possibly Heyward get an extension. It’s going to be a little tricky with the complete unknown at QB beyond this year though.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
All of Pittsburgh rn
IMG_1271.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Arkadiusz

Feb 22, 2019
Concord, MA
49ers insider interviewed by Tim Benz on 105.9 just said draft compensation only is a non-starter for them. They are insisting on a player + picks...

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I don’t see what’s hard about giving them any player outside of GP or the obvious watt types.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
49ers insider interviewed by Tim Benz on 105.9 just said draft compensation only is a non-starter for them. They are insisting on a player + picks...

I don’t see what’s hard about giving them any player outside of GP or the obvious watt types.
The problem is they need a x wr replacement debo doesn’t play the x they don’t have anyone on their roster that does what Aiyuk does

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
It makes perfect sense for the 49ers to want a receiver back in any Aiyuk trade. They are very much a Super Bowl or bust team. They have Deebo, Jennings and Pearsall as their depth if Aiyuk is gone. Count Kittle if you want as well since he’s a pass catcher. Kittle and Deebo are not injury prone guys. Jennings is a good 3 and he could maybe give you a few good games as a 2 in a pinch but, over a full season I’m not sure he’s a number 2. Then you have a rookie Pearsall who has also already been hurt in camp. Trading Aiyuk without getting another pass consistent pass catching option back would be idiotic.

The problem is they want a receiver. The Steelers don’t have any that are good enough for the 49ers to want and that the Steelers would be willing to move.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It makes perfect sense for the 49ers to want a receiver back in any Aiyuk trade. They are very much a Super Bowl or bust team. They have Deebo, Jennings and Pearsall as their depth if Aiyuk is gone. Count Kittle if you want as well since he’s a pass catcher. Kittle and Deebo are not injury prone guys. Jennings is a good 3 and he could maybe give you a few good games as a 2 in a pinch but, over a full season I’m not sure he’s a number 2. Then you have a rookie Pearsall who has also already been hurt in camp. Trading Aiyuk without getting another pass consistent pass catching option back would be idiotic.

The problem is they want a receiver. The Steelers don’t have any that are good enough for the 49ers to want and that the Steelers would be willing to move.
They were willing to take back kendrick bourne

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think they can do this with Wilson hurt, but I wouldn't balk at including Wilson in the Aiyuk deal if the 49ers are insistent on getting a WR back for him.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I told you all that this was a fable, didn't I?

Maybe now, when it's too late for you all to save face maybe just maybe you'll wise up and listen to reason!

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don't think they can do this with Wilson hurt, but I wouldn't balk at including Wilson in the Aiyuk deal if the 49ers are insistent on getting a WR back for him.
I don’t think the Steelers would care ar all if it cost them Willson but he doesn’t play on the outside which the 49ers need

Ad

Ad

Ad