OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

The Magnificent Seven are Seumalo, Watt, Highsmith, Heyward, Queen, Fitzpatrick, and Wilson.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I have a sneaking suspicion that Aiyuk's extension with the Steelers will come in closer to $25 million than $30 million, which doesn't make a huge difference but it's nice to save up a bit more cap space.

I wouldn't trade Benton because they don't have anyone to replace him. If they ask for Herbig, I'd probably do that but I'd be disgruntled to do that.

Like I said above, I'm sticking with Daniels, Austin and a 2nd as my prediction for what the trade ends up being.
The 49ers already have their version of Ca3 and want to keep debo in the slot.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I'd need to see the total package to evaluate the offer but the idea that Nick Herbig is a dealbreaker in a trade for Aiyuk is crazy.
Yeah, you have to give to get. I just picked him because he felt like the next logical tier down below Benton. I don't think the 49ers need anymore LB though.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

The Magnificent Seven are Seumalo, Watt, Highsmith, Heyward, Queen, Fitzpatrick, and Wilson.
Highsmith is actually hurt probably out the next couple weeks with a pulled groin but this list is what I would expect only RW should even take a pre season snap

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
i trust the coaches and know they rarely play rookies week 1. Troy is struggling with inside speed moves Frazier is struggling with strength and bigger DT like Adams but they will develop

If this is true they dropped the ball. They turned down 34 at the draft from New England also

They REALLY dropped the ball. That is the downside of greed manifested.

If they didn’t luckbox Purdy this entire SF front office would be fired by now

Bingo. It's how quickly a QB can flip a situation.

That’s a huge fumble by the 49ers if that ends up the case.

I’m sticking with my guess of Daniels, Austin and a 2nd for Aiyuk.

I don't think they get anywhere close to that much now.

Yes, I still say no. They need Benton. I am not with robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Yeah - I think Benton has very serious potential to be a game wrecking NT. I wouldn't give him up for anything. Herbig also. TJ isn't getting younger. It'd also be nice to be able to flip Highsmith potentially since he's always hurt and he will continue to have decent production with TJ.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I don’t care if Filiponi ends up being correct or not, I cannot stand him :laugh:

Dude could wire me a fortune and I wouldn’t like him. Such a clown it’s insane.

Have a shred of self respect.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I don’t care if Filiponi ends up being correct or not, I cannot stand him :laugh:

In a fight between him and Dejan, who are you pulling for?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Honestly, the one guy starter I'd give up is Pickens, because effectively that's getting a more mentally stable, committed version of Pickens at the cost of the trade value and starting the expensive contract early. Doesn't really advance you this year but it gives you a firmer foundation for the future.
We talkin' 'bout the guy who's been orchestrating his exit from a team with which he's under contract for the past six months?

I know, I know, but if, say, Pickens was doing the Steelers this way...

Reactions: JTG

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
1723050837194.png

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

He's a bag and does this crap to boost his show's ratings versus Madden, but he's the only Pittsburgh sports talk guy with actual talent on the mic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad