OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
So the depth chart with Fautanu as the backup LT is real? WTF
Yes if they had to play a game today Moore would start at LT theres a lot pre season games but Jones said he learned from watching and not being forced to start week wa

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Speaking of Aiyuk and contracts, I heard contract negotiations between iHeart and Mark Madden are at a stand still because he’s commanding 3 years/$1M. Ridiculous that iHeart doesn’t want to pay that. Pay. The. Man.
I hear they’re gonna pay you in deodorant sticks, Mark.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Reactions: JTG

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
i trust the coaches and know they rarely play rookies week 1. Troy is struggling with inside speed moves Frazier is struggling with strength and bigger DT like Adams but they will develop
Dan Moore struggles with pretty much everything, but ok. I know, I know, I'm arguing with the guy who's justified this by calling Fautanu "raw" and Dan Moore an average NFL tackle. I'll move on.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
i trust the coaches and know they rarely play rookies week 1. Troy is struggling with inside speed moves Frazier is struggling with strength and bigger DT like Adams but they will develop

If this is true they dropped the ball. They turned down 34 at the draft from New England also
If they didn’t luckbox Purdy this entire SF front office would be fired by now

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Dan Moore struggles with pretty much everything, but ok. I know, I know, I'm arguing with the guy who's justified this by calling Fautanu "raw" and Dan Moore an average NFL tackle. I'll move on.

The whole depth chart nonsense during preseason is comical. I'm not gonna get riled up til week 1.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
So we're all operating under the assumption that a 2025 1st round pick is off the table, right? Cause I feel like if we were offering that today, SF would've caved by now.

I saw in the article posted above the 49ers beat writer speculate something like a 2nd, 3rd and a 2026 pick. The other rumors he floated earlier all contained a player going back from the Pats and Browns, so I'm still wondering if it's not just going to be purely a draft capital transaction for us.

Hypothetically speaking, who's the best player you're willing to give up in this deal? Like if they ask for Benton instead of a second, do you still say no?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What about a guy like Nick Herbig?
Our young cheap talent should be off the table…that’s who we need to keep if we’re paying people like Aiyuk $30 mil…I’d rather give them Highsmith, Daniels or someone who makes some coin…not eager to give up CA3 either tbh…

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The 49ers need cb o line help they drafted 3 wr recently I don’t think they have to get a wr back in trade.
I still think its James Daniels who would be their 2nd best o line men and Moore if he could play RT would be massive for them. Williams could retire any year

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Hypothetically speaking, who's the best player you're willing to give up in this deal? Like if they ask for Benton instead of a second, do you still say no?

I don't think I'd give up a starter. There's no place in the Steelers line up where I look at the team and think "well, it's fine if the starter goes". If they trade Daniels and the OL struggles, they won't have success this season. If the OL struggles translate to young guys losing confidence and forming bad habits and busting, the Steelers have to rebuild all over again.

There's similar stories all over the line up. The secondary is going to look painful if there's injuries as is. Maaaaybe Payton Wilson is ready to take over from Patrick Queen but obviously they're not trading a guy they just got. Uh, they can probably live without Benton this season but with Heyward and Ogunjobi on the downhill slope that one could sting long term. They need Benton to grow into the guy who helps the next wave there really badly.

Honestly, the one guy starter I'd give up is Pickens, because effectively that's getting a more mentally stable, committed version of Pickens at the cost of the trade value and starting the expensive contract early. Doesn't really advance you this year but it gives you a firmer foundation for the future.

A guy like Nick Herbig... yeah, I'd do that. Maybe that's why Markus Golden is back. I dunno he fits SF's defensive scheme, but I can live with giving up high quality back-ups. Not like the Steelers have many of them.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
So we're all operating under the assumption that a 2025 1st round pick is off the table, right? Cause I feel like if we were offering that today, SF would've caved by now.

I saw in the article posted above the 49ers beat writer speculate something like a 2nd, 3rd and a 2026 pick. The other rumors he floated earlier all contained a player going back from the Pats and Browns, so I'm still wondering if it's not just going to be purely a draft capital transaction for us.

I wonder how greedy Khan will try to get here. He has SF bent over a barrel with no other options unless a dark horse team like the Chargers gets into the mix.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have a sneaking suspicion that Aiyuk's extension with the Steelers will come in closer to $25 million than $30 million, which doesn't make a huge difference but it's nice to save up a bit more cap space.

I wouldn't trade Benton because they don't have anyone to replace him. If they ask for Herbig, I'd probably do that but I'd be disgruntled to do that.

Like I said above, I'm sticking with Daniels, Austin and a 2nd as my prediction for what the trade ends up being.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad