OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Steelers want a depth chart at TC to be

1. and 1a Pickens, Aiyuk 3. Van Jefferson and Wilson.

That'd look great, however do we part with a 1st? Khan man can't be conned!
If Cleveland is out now like the pats
Its a 3rd and Daniels yesterday offer is off the table

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Aiyuk was literally on Clark’s podcast recently and said if not with the niners he’d see himself with the Steelers.

This would take the browns somehow offering him over 30mil a year and us lowballing him while not offering any kind of decent trade package.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Aiyuk was literally on Clark’s podcast recently and said if not with the niners he’d see himself with the Steelers.

This would take the browns somehow offering him over 30mil a year and us lowballing him while not offering any kind of decent trade package.
Maybe the niners give Aiyuk what he wants.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah I read this about Samuel as well, and it's something that will likely be impacting Aiyuk on the Steelers if they were to acquire him. Even with him being a big upgrade, I think his holdout is going to prevent Aiyuk from being truly as good as he is this year.

Honestly the chances of Aiyuk not being as good as last year if he's traded seem quite good. Holdout disruption, new QB and schemer (who's not going to be as good as Shanahan), and last year being an outlier career year by far is a pretty rowdy cocktail.

It's all just a question of when the 49ers bite. The Steelers are probably offering what they're willing to pay (probably something like Daniels, Austin and a 2nd) and it's just about SF either finding a team that Aiyuk will sign with or just taking what the Steelers are willing to pay.

I still think the question is whether rather than when. We've gone a long way for the 49ers to take their WR and go home, but it doesn't seem impossible if they're unhappy with the Steelers' offer.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Having a GM like Khan is a lot of fun. It’s either us or they keep him at this point with probably the heavy favorite being a trade.

Reactions: Son Goku

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I love how Schefter is portraying it. No, what happened is that Aiyuk said "I'm not signing with the Patriots". The Patriots are just making it seem like they said no, not that Aiyuk said no.
The Pats took their ball and went home lmao

“You can’t fire me because I quit!”

Having a GM like Khan is a lot of fun. It’s either us or they keep him at this point with probably the heavy favorite being a trade.
I’m ready to build this guy a statue. It’s so refreshing having someone like him calling the shots.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Honestly the chances of Aiyuk not being as good as last year if he's traded seem quite good. Holdout disruption, new QB and schemer (who's not going to be as good as Shanahan), and last year being an outlier career year by far is a pretty rowdy cocktail.

Yeah I think this is definitely true, and hope Steelers fans (if he comes here) take that context into account. I doubt it, but they should remember that.

But either way, he's clearly a massive upgrade on who they have, even if they'll only be getting an 80% version of him. He'll be kinda mid for his standards this year, but he'll still be a damn good WR for them I think. I'm curious for how this impacts Pickens, both from an aspect of "will this team move him?" and "will he throw a hissy fit for them acquiring a true WR1?".

And with my moving Pickens talk, I mean more after this year and when he's due for a new contract. I don't think the Steelers would be trading for Aiyuk and paying him $25-$30 million a year if they thought Pickens was a true WR1 that they wanted to keep long-term.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peat

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The Pats took their ball and went home lmao

“You can’t fire me because I quit!”

I’m ready to build this guy a statue. It’s so refreshing having someone like him calling the shots.
Khan is great, but 6 months of this is a bit absurd!

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Gp will be fine he actually has a QB to get hil the ball in Tennessee under Smith Tanahill had 4000 yards. GP will be in the slot and Brandon at the x

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah I think this is definitely true, and hope Steelers fans (if he comes here) take that context into account. I doubt it, but they should remember that.

But either way, he's clearly a massive upgrade on who they have, even if they'll only be getting an 80% version of him. He'll be kinda mid for his standards this year, but he'll still be a damn good WR for them I think. I'm curious for how this impacts Pickens, both from an aspect of "will this team move him?" and "will he throw a hissy fit for them acquiring a true WR1?".

And there you have the great unknown, the question that I can't help but think has underlined the Steelers' interest in a really top notch WR this whole summer. If you're always asking "will my top WR throw a hissy fit over this" you're going to be interested in having a different top WR.

My guess is Pickens ain't stupid and he'll say the right things, but if things go pear-shaped it'll be interesting to see how long his cool lasts.

Reactions: Andy99

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Aiyuk makes this offense as complete as it can be with a ? at QB. They should be able to compete with anyone if that happens.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Aiyuk makes this offense as complete as it can be with a ? at QB. They should be able to compete with anyone if that happens.

If they land Aiyuk and get good QB play out of one of Wilson/Fields then things get really interesting. They’d have a top ten defense, good skill position players, and the makings of a really solid offensive line.

Reactions: Son Goku

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

Attachments

• IMG_2566.jpeg
    IMG_2566.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: td_ice

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
If they land Aiyuk and get good QB play out of one of Wilson/Fields then things get really interesting. They’d have a top ten defense, good skill position players, and the makings of a really solid offensive line.
Sounds like a dirty bird killing recipe to me

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Speaking of Aiyuk and contracts, I heard contract negotiations between iHeart and Mark Madden are at a stand still because he’s commanding 3 years/$1M. Ridiculous that iHeart doesn’t want to pay that. Pay. The. Man.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Speaking of Aiyuk and contracts, I heard contract negotiations between iHeart and Mark Madden are at a stand still because he’s commanding 3 years/$1M. Ridiculous that iHeart doesn’t want to pay that. Pay. The. Man.

Attachments

• supercool-creative-agency-attention.jpg
    supercool-creative-agency-attention.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV

Cut out the middle man and just have the steelers deliver that $$$ directly to Blush and Applebees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad