OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Even $30 million for a QB is cheap at this point with how QB contracts are exploding. It's pretty much half of what the top QBs are getting paid now.

Yeah, fair enough, just checking what we were meaning.

God knows what the extension of the next top QB looks like.

No way does JF even ask for baker money. Baker had to play an entire season at 4 million in Tampa before he got paid. He would be lucky to get the 10 million darnold got in Minnesota
If its RW i don’t think they go more than 3/75 that Smith got in Seattle let someone else pay him money

And if Fields is next year's starter, there's a good chance he's playing most of a year here and has the same body of proof for a raise as Mayfield did.

Also maybe lets see Wilson's performance before we talk about how much they should or shouldn't pay him? But reality is with the cap rising, Smith's percentage of the cap would be 28m this coming year. It'll probably be 30m the next. If Wilson can't get more than a 25m APY this coming offseason, his starting career in all probability is over. And if it isn't, there's not a lot of reason he shouldn't be getting less than Mayfield... and that's kind of bottom of the barrel for a guy showing he's still an undoubted starter.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I'll be happy if we land Aiyuk and I won't lose any sleep if we don't . Now if I knew what we were going to get out of our QB's this season (if it was really good), then I would be greatly upset.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Steelers depth chart just dropped. Most of it is to be expected, but something I think is noteworthy: McCormick is listed as a RG now, not a LG. I thought McCormick was the LG and Anderson was the RG, but they've actually flipped on this depth chart. Makes me believe the "McCormick is going to replace Daniels" even more.

Reactions: bigdaddyk88

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Yeah, fair enough, just checking what we were meaning.

God knows what the extension of the next top QB looks like.

And if Fields is next year's starter, there's a good chance he's playing most of a year here and has the same body of proof for a raise as Mayfield did.

Also maybe lets see Wilson's performance before we talk about how much they should or shouldn't pay him? But reality is with the cap rising, Smith's percentage of the cap would be 28m this coming year. It'll probably be 30m the next. If Wilson can't get more than a 25m APY this coming offseason, his starting career in all probability is over. And if it isn't, there's not a lot of reason he shouldn't be getting less than Mayfield... and that's kind of bottom of the barrel for a guy showing he's still an undoubted starter.
Fields isn’t anyone starter

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Here's the offensive side of the ball

I know at this point it doesn't mean much but...

- Leal over Loudermilk seems to show that Leal is ascending which is what they need
- Heyward as lead FB seems odd as I haven't read much of him running there
- That OL depth chart needs to sort itself out as right now it looks f***ing stupid
- I think Mark Robinson might be done here
- I kind of wish there was a more proven option than Bishop there

Steelers depth chart just dropped. Most of it is to be expected, but something I think is noteworthy: McCormick is listed as a RG now, not a LG. I thought McCormick was the LG and Anderson was the RG, but they've actually flipped on this depth chart. Makes me believe the "McCormick is going to replace Daniels" even more.

Given the Steelers' history of moving OL around, I'm willing to believe that they decide which of Anderson and McCormick is L and R by flipping a coin. They'd certainly flip-flop it in the future with zero f***s.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Here's the offensive side of the ball

I know at this point it doesn't mean much but...

- Leal over Loudermilk seems to show that Leal is ascending which is what they need
- Heyward as lead FB seems odd as I haven't read much of him running there
- That OL depth chart needs to sort itself out as right now it looks f***ing stupid
- I think Mark Robinson might be done here
- I kind of wish there was a more proven option than Bishop there

Given the Steelers' history of moving OL around, I'm willing to believe that they decide which of Anderson and McCormick is L and R by flipping a coin. They'd certainly flip-flop it in the future with zero f***s.
When a UDFA rises so quickly up the depth chart, it means there’s nobody even close to touching him. That’s a major red flag for our cb depth, but maybe he’s just that good.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The individuals lying about AIYUK should lose their respective jobs. THIS ISN'T journalism, this is sensationalism. Dealing in Fables doesn't make you relevant, it just makes you more of a clown.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I have to think Aiyuk doesn't want to go to Cleveland, because if he did there's no reason he wouldn't be a Brown right now.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
When a UDFA rises so quickly up the depth chart, it means there’s nobody even close to touching him. That’s a major red flag for our cb depth, but maybe he’s just that good.

It could be both.

Or at least, I hope it's both, because it's definitely a major red flag. We all know how tough it is for Steelers rookies* to get that starter berth, even when the guy in front of them isn't all that. For a rookie to get that slot is absolutely damning on everyone else. Which is also what we expected from the competition right?

I would add that I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of three safety packages instead of using the slot cornerback.

Reactions: T1K

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I have to think Aiyuk doesn't want to go to Cleveland, because if he did there's no reason he wouldn't be a Brown right now.
I don’t think Cleveland can get to ghe 28 million thzt Pittsburgh and New England offered him. They have to pay Chubbs and Garrett next year and are over the cap

So, what's the reason he isn't a Steeler?

Because it's all a farce?
Because the 49ers don’t like our offer. Khan didn’t open up cap space at the draft he didn’t need to with highsmith with out thinking he had a wr trqde lined uo. Brandon is willing to play for us at 28 million

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If the 49ers want Muth or Pickens and a first for Aiyuk, Khan better not cave and give any of that..that’s ridiculous

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Because the 49ers don’t like our offer. Khan didn’t open up cap space at the draft he didn’t need to with highsmith with out thinking he had a wr trqde lined uo. Brandon is willing to play for us at 28 million
Yeah, until the PAT's offer 33 mil per. Beyond that I doubt will we'll meet their asking price.

You NEVER win when you get in a bidding war. Maybe this is a 1st time? Doubt it.

SIX months of this shit!

And not ONE PIT beat reporter has said a word about it! Why?

Because the Steelers are playing hardball and the 49ers don’t want to trade Aiyuk for the offer the Steelers are currently offering.
So, why are we even talking about it?

Khan aint getting ripped off, so again, this is all a fable!

If the 49ers want Muth or Pickens and a first for Aiyuk, Khan better not cave and give any of that..that’s ridiculous
Do you seriously think the Khan artist would be that mind numbingly stupid?

Come now!

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The pats can offer 33 million Ayuk still has to want to sign there. The pats offered pick 34 in this last draft and the 49ers rebuffed them.
Brandon has been pretty open about wanting to play in Pittsburgh or DC

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

I am fairly sure I can predict your answer to this post but if the Steelers are willing to give Aiyuk the contract he wants, it's pretty tough to argue their rumoured trade request is ridiculous.

You probably think Aiyuk's contract ask is ridiculous too

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The pats can offer 33 million Ayuk still has to want to sign there. The pats offered pick 34 in this last draft and the 49ers rebuffed them.
Brandon has been pretty open about wanting to play in Pittsburgh or DC
Right, but over the course of a 4 year period, would you take 132 mil in a place you don't ideally like, or a place you love but only get 112 mil?

Isn't he about da money?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad