OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Now that I am intrigued by. The line is as deep as it has been in years.

Yeah drafting McCormick this year and not giving Daniels an extension made me realize that Daniels is gone regardless. I think Herbig at RG would be a risk, especially with 3 other young guys on the OL, but they need a WR far more than they need a RG.

I'd want to sign a veteran IOL to replace Daniels, probably a veteran backup C for Frazier, but that shouldn't be difficult to acquire.

So would Khan. SF isn’t trading BA for a depth o-line piece.

Daniels would probably be SF's best IOL.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think Herbig would likely slide to RG and Frazier would be the C.

I figure that Seumalo and Herbig would be the starting guards and McCormick and Anderson would be the backups. That would leave them:

LT: Jones, Moore
LG: Seumalo, McCormick
C: Frazier
RG: Herbig, Anderson
RT: Fautanu

You need to get one more IOL backup (at least IMO), ideally a C, but that's about it.

Yeah, that sounds like they'd do it. They mightn't even go looking for an IOL back-up if they're happy with Herbig sliding over and one of Anderson/McCormick stepping in at G if necessary.

That looks like a really inexperienced line to put out there for a team that wants to run the ball a ton and have two QBs who hold onto the ball forever when passing, but there we go. We'll see if the Steelers' confidence in the kids is right should it come to it.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Well if the Steelers want to make sure everyone knows they are in a different era, trading Cam Heyward for a WR and then making him easily the Steelers highest paid player would certainly do that. I can't see it happening.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I wonder if the Golsen signing was prompted by Highsmith going to SF........ Herbig is on the rise, they also like Mooh.

I would love Aiuyk. He's not the most talented WR, but he's a football player. He has a bit of Hines Ward wrapped up in a ton of skill. I love football players

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
No reputable people have reported this. The only people vouching for this trade are clowns looking for engagement. I’d love for it to be true though.
Mark Madden reported the deal is 90% complete and will officially be announced within the next two days.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I wonder if the Golsen signing was prompted by Highsmith going to SF........ Herbig is on the rise, they also like Mooh.

I would love Aiuyk. He's not the most talented WR, but he's a football player. He has a bit of Hines Ward wrapped up in a ton of skill. I love football players
The 49ers don’t need LB they need O line

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
No reputable people have reported this. The only people vouching for this trade are clowns looking for engagement. I’d love for it to be true though.
Pelissero and Garafolo are saying that "Contract talks remain stalled and it seems more likely that Aiyuk will be traded than work out an extension with San Francisco". No deal in place at this time though.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Pelissero and Garafolo are saying that "Contract talks remain stalled and it seems more likely that Aiyuk will be traded than work out an extension with San Francisco". No deal in place at this time though.

Literally 4 mins after I posted.. I should’ve kept my mouth shut! :laugh:

Mark Madden reported the deal is 90% complete and will officially be announced within the next two days.
Poni and Madden aren’t connected sources

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

What is Rapoport responding like that? Is it a "that's not what I'm hearing" tweet or a "keep an eye out on this" tweet?

Either way, the fake sources definitely seem to be wrong but it seems inarguable that Aiyuk is more likely to be traded than not.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Either way, the fake sources definitely seem to be wrong but it seems inarguable that Aiyuk is more likely to be traded than not.
Maybe it will happen but far from inarguably, especially since today’s talks are based off of random X accounts engagement farming. If 49ers don’t get a deal they like they can just tell Aiyuk to play or lose $14M. Then tag him after season.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
What is Rapoport responding like that? Is it a "that's not what I'm hearing" tweet or a "keep an eye out on this" tweet?

gets the people going.gif

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Maybe it will happen but far from inarguably, especially since today’s talks are based off of random X accounts engagement farming. If 49ers don’t get a deal they like they can just tell Aiyuk to play or lose $14M. Then tag him after season.

I said it's inarguable that he's more likely to be traded than not. That doesn't mean it will happen, I'm saying it's pretty clear that him being traded is the most likely outcome.

I'm also not basing that on the fake rumors, I'm basing that on what Garafolo, Pelissero and now Maiocco have said. It seems pretty clear to me that Aiyuk being traded somewhere seems to be more likely than him staying with the 49ers. It's just not clear to who he gets traded, and Maiocco's point about "the ball is in Aiyuk's court" is totally correct.

I think that was also reported earlier today, where Schefter basically said that Aiyuk has an unofficial NTC with his contract status:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I said it's inarguable that he's more likely to be traded than not. That doesn't mean it will happen, I'm saying it's pretty clear that him being traded is the most likely outcome.

I'm also not basing that on the fake rumors, I'm basing that on what Garafolo, Pelissero and now Maiocco have said. It seems pretty clear to me that Aiyuk being traded somewhere seems to be more likely than him staying with the 49ers. It's just not clear to who he gets traded, and Maiocco's point about "the ball is in Aiyuk's court" is totally correct.

I think that was also reported earlier today, where Schefter basically said that Aiyuk has an unofficial NTC with his contract status:

Yeah to me that’s just another hurdle. The unofficial NTC just makes it harder to get a deal done as it shrinks buyer pool (and theoretically the return as well).

Idk which side is more likely at this point.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah to me that’s just another hurdle. The unofficial NTC just makes it harder to get a deal done as it shrinks buyer pool (and theoretically the return as well).

Idk which side is more likely at this point.

For me, assuming this isn't agent stuff to drum up interest, this all feels like the 49ers have had the sort of talks where they feel like they could make a trade they'd okay with and are seeing whose contract Aiyuk wants to sign.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Too many of the more reputable sources have changed their tune on Aiyuk being dealt for there not to be something going on. Maybe it’s just hopium, but if I had to bet I’m guessing things are relatively far along but just not “official”.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,594.00