OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh no! They are 3 and 1. Panic!

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Kozora highlighted a few cases where you know, maybe Pickens is slowing down to fool the DB.

But even with those considered, he's being lazy. He's lazy when he's not going to get targeted, he's lazy blocking, and there's a few cases where you can definitely highlight him not being 100% on routes where he can be targeted. The big one for me is route where he's going from one side of the field to the other, where he'd probably not get the ball but he could really help the QB in a slow developing situation if he makes it. The one where he just walks off the line of scrimmage, that route. Penultimate play of the game where Fields targets him anyway but Pickens is nowhere near where he has to be, that route.

I'm asking this to everyone - right now, would you pay Pickens this summer?

I'm a no. He is so gifted and so good when he wants to be but he's not so gifted that he's irreplaceable and he goes haywire too often for me to want to pay him even before we consider him as a leader, the locker room, and the rest of it. As a third year pro, the odds of fixing it are slim and mostly hinge on him wanting to be fixed and, let's be honest, he mostly looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

The PIckens we are seeing now is the Diontae we have seen the last 2 seasons. Pickens was given the script and he is now doing it.

I think Pickens is a total stud, but he's coming up on a contract year and this offense is really f***ing with his money.

So the Steelers again are going to have Harris and 2 practice squad guys for RBs. Then they have a unhappy #1 WR and some other guys.
Sunday is going to be fun

We are due for a Tomlin special

This team may be in a situation at the end of the year where they have a QB, Oline, and defense, but they have a losing record. It absolutely looks feasible right now.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm honestly starting to wonder if they try trading Pickens and Jones at the draft. I think they are handling Jones all wrong, but if he has shown some jagoff tendencies and it may come with being a UGA guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad