OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh no! They are 3 and 1. Panic!

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Down there in the scrap heap with guys like Mahomes and Love,

It's kinda weird how much Mahomes is dogging it regular season right now. Love being down there, he's had a tough injury and maybe was never actually the guy and just a guy on a hot streak, but the Mahomes thing is weird.

But then there's a bunch of good QBs kinda low on this. Consistency in this league is hella hard.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
So we are worst in the league with Pickens being really good. They have to get him figured out.
Yep and he knows Batch was talking about they need a vet who’s an actual option and can help reign in Pickens.
I think are chances of getting Adams have increased since Buffalo and Bmore can’t afford him. Carr is out for a few weeks and theirs a chance Rodgers is done after this season. He also allow muth to be option 3 and ca3 or wilson as option 4

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
sometimes it's part of the game plan. when you pull up on your rout the db will start looking for where the ball is going, letting the receiver go uncovered. :dunno:maybe.

Kozora highlighted a few cases where you know, maybe Pickens is slowing down to fool the DB.

But even with those considered, he's being lazy. He's lazy when he's not going to get targeted, he's lazy blocking, and there's a few cases where you can definitely highlight him not being 100% on routes where he can be targeted. The big one for me is route where he's going from one side of the field to the other, where he'd probably not get the ball but he could really help the QB in a slow developing situation if he makes it. The one where he just walks off the line of scrimmage, that route. Penultimate play of the game where Fields targets him anyway but Pickens is nowhere near where he has to be, that route.

I'm asking this to everyone - right now, would you pay Pickens this summer?

I'm a no. He is so gifted and so good when he wants to be but he's not so gifted that he's irreplaceable and he goes haywire too often for me to want to pay him even before we consider him as a leader, the locker room, and the rest of it. As a third year pro, the odds of fixing it are slim and mostly hinge on him wanting to be fixed and, let's be honest, he mostly looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Kozora highlighted a few cases where you know, maybe Pickens is slowing down to fool the DB.

But even with those considered, he's being lazy. He's lazy when he's not going to get targeted, he's lazy blocking, and there's a few cases where you can definitely highlight him not being 100% on routes where he can be targeted. The big one for me is route where he's going from one side of the field to the other, where he'd probably not get the ball but he could really help the QB in a slow developing situation if he makes it. The one where he just walks off the line of scrimmage, that route. Penultimate play of the game where Fields targets him anyway but Pickens is nowhere near where he has to be, that route.

I'm asking this to everyone - right now, would you pay Pickens this summer?

I'm a no. He is so gifted and so good when he wants to be but he's not so gifted that he's irreplaceable and he goes haywire too often for me to want to pay him even before we consider him as a leader, the locker room, and the rest of it. As a third year pro, the odds of fixing it are slim and mostly hinge on him wanting to be fixed and, let's be honest, he mostly looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

That’s a big no from me on paying Pickens. I just don’t see how you can give money or design the passing game around a guy who may decide he just doesn’t feel like playing one week.

If they didn’t want Johnson around because of effort or attitude, I don’t know how you keep Pickens around.

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Also that chart is a good opportunity to once again marvel at how Van Jefferson is the one WR in the room that you absolutely knows Smith wanted there and is the one WR he can get barely anything of worth out of. Right now, he is the Kendrick Green of WRs, only it's worse because Smith had worked with him before. Just baffling.

Reactions: Andy99

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
That was one big reason I wanted Aiyuk. 2 great receivers this year and then unload Pickens for picks because his attitude simply isn’t going to ever change. He’s a big entitled baby and he would have been drafted higher if not for all the red flags. And I get the position is diva central but boy we know how to pick ‘em.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I'd obviously like to see it happen because obviously it can't hurt but I can't help shaking the feeling that adding Davante Adams to the Steelers offense would be like putting a bad ass engine in a rusted-out piece of junk car that has been outdated since the 70's.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I'm still interested in Adams but his willingness to restructure his contract beyond this season is a big part in determining how much a team is going to give up for him. If it's a ~9 game pure rental, I don't see how you could give up more than a 4th or a 5th.

Let's say there is mutual interest in restructuring at whatever market value for him is - $20-25m? Are you meeting the Raiders demands of a 2nd+ other asset? I'm not super enthusiastic about that.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I'm still interested in Adams but his willingness to restructure his contract beyond this season is a big part in determining how much a team is going to give up for him. If it's a ~9 game pure rental, I don't see how you could give up more than a 4th or a 5th.

Let's say there is mutual interest in restructuring at whatever market value for him is - $20-25m? Are you meeting the Raiders demands of a 2nd+ other asset? I'm not super enthusiastic about that.
I am at 3rd for him. We have to eat 10 million to get him and then probably guarantee him 1 of his 2 years left. The Raiders don’t want to pay him not play nor eat money
In a few weeks Higgins Dhop Kirk Cooper will be available for a day 3 pick

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I guess Adams does have some leverage in this situation. He could say, "I'm not going to restructure for Pittsburgh, but I will for New York", and that will dictate the kind of offers the Raiders get.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I guess Adams does have some leverage in this situation. He could say, "I'm not going to restructure for Pittsburgh, but I will for New York", and that will dictate the kind of offers the Raiders get.
The jets are the most desperate but does he believe Rodger is going to play next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad