OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh no! They are 3 and 1. Panic!

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Am I cool to call Arthur Smith whack now?

When you only have one good receiver and that receiver has pretty much given up…you’re gonna have a bad time.
Pickens' effort is just pathetic. Zero effort on that one that tips his fingers and then the other one he doesn't even want to go for that other one either. Just f***ing annoying. He wants to be a star receiver but that f***ing attitude...

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Have we run any slants or digs over the middle? Crossing routes? Anything to get a bit of opening within 2 seconds of the snap? Like most other modern offenses?

No other franchise would accept literally half a decade of mediocre at best offense when that's the most important part of the game with all the rules favoring it.

What I wouldn't do for some young creative minds in this old folks home of a franchise.
Fields doesn’t take the intermediate stuff

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
I feel like the defense gives up a not insignificant amount of yards trying to punch the ball out vs just tackling the guy.
They play a lot of soft zone, they're clearly taught along the lines of the give up a lot of yards in between the 20s and tighten up in the red zone philosophy, so going for the potential turnover over giving up a few more yards is probably seen as worth it in their mind.

Tomlin always repeats the turnover battle stats, it's clear he believes as long as you win that you'll win.

Problem is that doesn't work against good offenses, cause they'll still make enough plays to score touchdowns.

Reactions: Andy99

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It's atrocious that we still need to have 5000 commercials even when the game starts 85 minutes late. Wouldn't want to be humane to people getting up for work.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Dark’s trying to give this game to us but we keep saying no thanks, especially Najee and Pickens

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Yup... another Tomlin classic

He'll cry about injuries, not understanding it's of his own making. Can't draft and develop well enough on his side of the ball so the team gives out crazy contracts like candy to vets. Where's queen???

One thing that I've felt for a while isn't talked about enough by the media about Tomlin's philosophy of never trying to run up the score, being comfortable with one-score games, etc. is that there's never any drives where they're up comfortably enough in the score for them to rest starters.

If you're always playing down to the wire, you're never giving your team any room to preserve their bodies.

So when they do, like say Pickens short arming a pass he might take a big hit in, it always looks bad because it's usually at a crucial part of a close score game, where as if they'd blow a team out now and then, those wouldn't matter so much and maybe they'd have a few less injuries per year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad