OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Tbh I don't know why people aren't souring on Aiyuk over this drama with his contract. Is this really any different than what Heyward is doing about his contract extension?

Of course it's different. Heyward is doing it as a Steeler and I'm sick of Steelers throwing fits. Aiyuk is doing it as a 49er and that's not my problem! :sarcasm:

Less emotionally than that, Aiyuk has his prime left. He'll probably be worth in the neighbourhood of what he wants. Heyward wants the Steelers to gamble on him making history. If Cam signs a fair contract for the likelihood of what comes next then we'll all go back to liking him with maybe the occasional eye roll at the memory.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Tbh I don't know why people aren't souring on Aiyuk over this drama with his contract. Is this really any different than what Heyward is doing about his contract extension?
Cause its a completely different situation
Cam still thinks he is a top 5 DL and wants paid as much even though the only the dl is age made 7 million last season. The Steelers would easily extend him 2/20 if he was willing to take that. He wants a retirement paycheck like Jordan and Donald
The wr market has spoken and the going rate is 27 to 30 million

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I think SF and Ayiuks main goal is to come to an agreement, he doesn't want to leave a SB contender and a team he knows and SF doesn't want to lose him

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I also think they would rather have Ayuik then Deebo long term.

My thought is the Ayuik contract is a pure extension with a decent signing bonus. Thus he gets his money this year but the big cap doesn’t start until next season.

Then they look to trade Deebo in the off-season. His cap charge at that point will only be 6 mil for 25 and 26.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It will be interesting to see how Smith uses Heyward and Washington also. Heyward is totally capable, and guys like him have a really clear space in Smith's system. Washington needs to make strides if he's going to be a TE. If he isn't going to be used in the passing game, make him a RT.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
If anyone is surprised by this, you haven't been paying attention. What a terrible approach to gameplanning. But again, that was never Tomlin's strong suit.

Reactions: Night Shift

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If anyone is surprised by this, you haven't been paying attention. What a terrible approach to gameplanning. But again, that was never Tomlin's strong suit.

Just speaks to Tomlin's outdated approach of how the game is played today.

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Just speaks to Tomlin's outdated approach of how the game is played today.

It usually goes something like this.

[Yt]

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

There defenders who are on record saying he literally tells them exactly how the game is going to be played out.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
RIP.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad