OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Juju courted that kind of fame. No judgment, and it worked for him.

But if you court fame and make yourself a celebrity, don't complain when you let people down and that celebrity and spotlight turns on you all the stronger because that spotlight is on you and the fall is farther.

We see it all the time, and it is a tale as old as time. In places like Hollywood, sports, politics and on and on.

And it spans every race, gender and any way else you can slice and dice it.

There was no more to see in this situation.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that is getting a bit bothered with how Heyward is handling this contract situation. I wouldn't ever criticize a guy for trying to get as much money as he can, he's putting his body through hell and deserves as much money as he can get. But how Heyward has been handling himself this entire time has rubbed me the wrong way. He seems like he's has been an antagonist and creating drama from this.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Yeah I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that is getting a bit bothered with how Heyward is handling this contract situation. I wouldn't ever criticize a guy for trying to get as much money as he can, he's putting his body through hell and deserves as much money as he can get. But how Heyward has been handling himself this entire time has rubbed me the wrong way. He seems like he's has been an antagonist and creating drama from this.

Feels like he has a point to prove that "Interior DL can get stupid legacy contracts too!"

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
He has rubbed me the wrong way this entire time.

I really don't care if we bring back a 36 year old that has health issues in 2025. May be dodging a bullet.
I am all for getting your money but his age bracket doesn’t get paid. I would gladly take a 2nd this year and trade him. I get he has to get views on his podcast but just jimmy butler in Miami we’re not paying for past performances

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think a big problem with the Steelers and Heyward in this negotiation is that Heyward still believes he's a top-5 DL in the NFL at this point, when in reality he's closer to #20 than #5 at this point.

He still should be paid well because he's still a great DL, but if he think he's a $25+ million AAV player at this point, he's downright delusional. He has to be pretending that last year just didn't happen or something like that.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Except that Jordan who took a pay cut Donald and Cox who retired the next guy in his age group is Campbell Irvin Woods and Alu make peanuts

I think a big problem with the Steelers and Heyward in this negotiation is that Heyward still believes he's a top-5 DL in the NFL at this point, when in reality he's closer to #20 than #5 at this point.

He still should be paid well because he's still a great DL, but if he think he's a $25+ million AAV player at this point, he's downright delusional. He has to be pretending that last year just didn't happen or something like that.
TBH this peeves me because it feels like a similar attitude to late-stage Ben, late-stage Colbert and Tomlin. "Wow give me an inflated 'thank you contract' because the last few years of Steelers football have been so great." Like no they haven't guys. Since the Jacksonville embarrassment the only real hope has been a 11-0 mirage during the COVID year. This has not been a good last 6-7 years of football.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
He has rubbed me the wrong way this entire time.

I really don't care if we bring back a 36 year old that has health issues in 2025. May be dodging a bullet.

He's never won much of anything. Beyond that I couldn't care less what he does in the community, doesn't benefit the on field version of him. He's becoming a sorry bitter middle aged man who until this point was revered round these parts. Wouldn't mind if we moved him out. Go to cleveland you sorry excuse for a human being, you aint all that homeboy! GET LOST! Take Najee with you you sick SOB!

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Cam’s real unhappy with this negotiation if he’s already threatening to go to Cleveland lol…good on Khan…let him walk…not interested in paying Cam for next season unless and until I see him play well this season…

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Cam’s real unhappy with this negotiation if he’s already threatening to go to Cleveland lol…good on Khan…let him walk…not interested in paying Cam for next season unless and until I see him play well this season…
Not even then. He's acting like a petulant child and an ingrate. At best he has another year and is sure to decline in '25. No player is bigger than anyone team with the possible exceptions of Brady and Mahomes.

Heyward needs to keep quiet. For the consummate team guy he's certainly not acting like one now. Looks like a selfish prick. It's one thing to quietly behind the scenes ask to re negotiate. Not that I like that either, but at least keep this nonsense out of your podcasts. But to handle it in the manner by which he is speaks to his lack of couth, professionalism and tact.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
For the consummate team guy he's certainly not acting like one now.
This bugs me most. I'm willing to cut bait and not be held hostage by any player, both in terms of reacting to any posturing (not that I'm opposed to guys using what leverage they have to get what they can get), and in my fan-dom. But this is a guy who's positioned himself as Mr. Steeler. So my fan reaction to it is a little more marked.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I think this team is better off with Cam Heyward in the next couple of years than without him. Wouldn’t surprise me if he gets back to being a top 10 caliber DT this upcoming season.

But he also has to be realistic about his situation. A GM would be dumb to throw massive money at him without seeing if he bounces back from the groin injury. I’m guessing they come to an agreement eventually though.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think this team is better off with Cam Heyward in the next couple of years than without him. Wouldn’t surprise me if he gets back to being a top 10 caliber DT this upcoming season.

But he also has to be realistic about his situation. A GM would be dumb to throw massive money at him without seeing if he bounces back from the groin injury. I’m guessing they come to an agreement eventually though.

Putting aside my growing irritation with him then yeah, they probably will be better off with him than without him. But the money has to be right. Not just for now, but for maintaining their reputation as a team who doesn't hand out big pay days to guys past their best.

And honestly, I'm increasingly moving to the idea it doesn't happen. We'll see, but Khan feels like a guy who's pretty insistent on getting his number and if Heyward is as insistent on getting his...

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
They should cut him right now, save 16mill and use that for a top line player. 30 tackles and 2 sacks, guy is a joke. This is why you must rid yourself of crusty overpaid vets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad