GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Imagine how much the Steelers would have lost by

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I think the Attorney is an idiot though for not going with the mental illness excuse for all the stuff AB did.

The attorney kept saying that AB has no mental health issues and he is just misunderstood, and misinterpreted.

I would think you need a better excuse for everything he has done so far than just he is misunderstood.
Takes 2 to tango with that. The attorney can’t say it if AB doesn’t want him to. So AB is probably pumping the “I’m misunderstood and everyone is racist” statements and that’s all they can go with right now. Once he goes to treatment and gets diagnosed, I’m sure the defense will change.

Reactions: Khelandros

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think the Attorney is an idiot though for not going with the mental illness excuse for all the stuff AB did.

The attorney kept saying that AB has no mental health issues and he is just misunderstood, and misinterpreted.

I would think you need a better excuse for everything he has done so far than just he is misunderstood.

As I keep saying, we really have to leave open the possibility he’s just a huge f***ing asshole and a rotten human being.

I think most of us just want there to be an underlying issue to explain away his behavior.

Reactions: OswaldBates

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Wait, people really think CTE is the only reason he's acted like this the last two years? If anything it exacerbated who he really is. I've watched the Junior Seau doc. You can tell he was a good dude at one point and CTE made him do things out of character but nothing to this extent.

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
Antonio Brown is facing a potential life sentence for the felony burglary with battery charge, but his lawyers believe he was overcharged,

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005

Basically when you charge offenses, you see what elements fit and charge the sections. It just depends on someone’s opinion on if the crime was “severe” enough for particular sections/gradings. Usually the more severe get dropped for something lesser once the court process starts and the DA/Attorneys start bargaining.

I don’t know how Florida operates, but in PA, most county DA’s want notified if you’re going to charge anyone with felonies and they have a say in it. So it’s not like someone went rogue and charged whatever they felt like, haha.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Brady knows we are one of the biggest/most passionate fanbases. Troy doesn't need a Brady co-sign to get in. He's been trying to get points from us for awhile. But sorry, I'm still going to be in Canton booing and starting the cheater chant when you get in.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Brady knows we are one of the biggest/most passionate fanbases. Troy doesn't need a Brady co-sign to get in. He's been trying to get points from us for awhile. But sorry, I'm still going to be in Canton booing and starting the cheater chant when you get in.
W1D3xWU.png

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Hate to bring the Kobe thing here but it got me thinking about his off the court stuff and how Ben is a comparable.

Seems like public perception was that the woman Kobe was involved with was money hungry. But with Ben he's dubbed a rapist and those women couldn't possibly be after money.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Hate to bring the Kobe thing here but it got me thinking about his off the court stuff and how Ben is a comparable.

Seems like public perception was that the woman Kobe was involved with was money hungry. But with Ben he's dubbed a rapist and those women couldn't possibly be after money.

The allegations against both were pretty damning and, even though they were not proven beyond a reasonable doubt, statements made, especially in Kobe's case, turn the blood a little cold.

Ben's succumbs to the old adage "where there's smoke, there's fire" in that he was accused of the same behavior twice-plus Pittsburgh is a small town and there were/are a lot of rumors and stories of his behavior in town.

Kobe was going to trial for Rape and possible life imprisonment but his accuser wouldn't testify; she had some inconsistencies in her story-true, but nothing inconsistent about her actual interaction with Kobe. Kobe made statements in the immediate aftermath that were pretty horrific and he initially lied about having sex with the accused. Physical evidence also supported the accused story.

Finally, both Kobe and Ben's actions-especially Kobe's- happened in a different time. Hell, watch an 80's movie and guys are acting in a way that, now, would be totally inappropriate if not downright criminal.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Chris Doleman died...man I keep feeling older and older

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Hall of Fame defensive end Chris Doleman, who became one of the NFL’s most feared pass rushers during 15 seasons in the league, has died. He was 58.
0129_doleman.jpg

In this Dec. 15, 2013, file photo, former Minnesota Viking Chris Doleman acknowledges the crowd during a ceremony honoring the All Mall of America Field team during halftime of an NFL football game between the Vikings and the Philadelphia Eagles in Minneapolis. Hall of Fame defensive end Doleman, who became one of the NFL's most feared pass rushers during 15 seasons in the league, has died. He was 58. The Vikings and Pro Football Hall of Fame president and CEO David Baker offered their condolences in separate statements late Tuesday night, Jan. 29, 2020. (AP Photo/Andy King, File)
The Minnesota Vikings and Pro Football Hall of Fame president and CEO David Baker offered their condolences in separate statements.
There was no word on the timing of Doleman’s death, but he had surgery in January 2018 to remove a brain tumor and Baker said he passed away “after a prolonged and courageous battle against cancer.”
Copyright 2020 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
Chris Doleman died...man I keep feeling older and older

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Hall of Fame defensive end Chris Doleman, who became one of the NFL’s most feared pass rushers during 15 seasons in the league, has died. He was 58.
0129_doleman.jpg

In this Dec. 15, 2013, file photo, former Minnesota Viking Chris Doleman acknowledges the crowd during a ceremony honoring the All Mall of America Field team during halftime of an NFL football game between the Vikings and the Philadelphia Eagles in Minneapolis. Hall of Fame defensive end Doleman, who became one of the NFL's most feared pass rushers during 15 seasons in the league, has died. He was 58. The Vikings and Pro Football Hall of Fame president and CEO David Baker offered their condolences in separate statements late Tuesday night, Jan. 29, 2020. (AP Photo/Andy King, File)
The Minnesota Vikings and Pro Football Hall of Fame president and CEO David Baker offered their condolences in separate statements.
There was no word on the timing of Doleman’s death, but he had surgery in January 2018 to remove a brain tumor and Baker said he passed away “after a prolonged and courageous battle against cancer.”
Copyright 2020 Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Good Lord ! 58 is way too young RIP & THoughts & Prayers to his family & Friends. only 3 years older than me ! As My Dad RIP used to always tell me as a kid & teenager "Life Isn't Fair,You Better Get Used ToIT"

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Exactly. I personally think Kobe is innocent for the same reasons I think Ben is. But the double standard is glaring. No doubt in my mind if that was Ben, ___ twitter would be calling him a rapist and all types of things. Anybody that brought up Ben's transgressions during this time wouldn't be getting harassed and told now is not the time. They pick and choose when to apply rules. Times we live in I guess.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Exactly. I personally think Kobe is innocent for the same reasons I think Ben is. But the double standard is glaring. No doubt in my mind if that was Ben, ___ twitter would be calling him a rapist and all types of things. Anybody that brought up Ben's transgressions during this time wouldn't be getting harassed and told now is not the time. They pick and choose when to apply rules. Times we live in I guess.

Yup...I just hate the public blasting of Ben at every turn. Is Ben a super nice guy? Probably not. Likely was a major dbag early in his career. The "evidence" in the cases against him was flimsy at best but the internet is going to play judge and jury.

If it was Ben who died in the helicopter crash, most people would probably be rejoicing

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Yup...I just hate the public blasting of Ben at every turn. Is Ben a super nice guy? Probably not. Likely was a major dbag early in his career. The "evidence" in the cases against him was flimsy at best but the internet is going to play judge and jury.

If it was Ben who died in the helicopter crash, most people would probably be rejoicing
Ben would have been better off if he had actually been charged and then beat the charges. Instead there wasn't even enough evidence for charges and then the DA made a self-aggrandizing speech about how awful Ben is and that's what stuck. If it had gone to trial and he beat the charges then more people would have thought he wasn't guilty than how it turned out.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Yeah, Ben deals with AB shit for years and comments on his route one time and it's the end of the world. Trust me there's a lot of stories of Kobe. He wasn't nice to his peers. I do agree it was because he was a fierce competitor and all he wanted to do was win. He tried to get the best out of you. But how do we differentiate? Is it because he has 5 Championships? It's the same double standard with Ben/Brady. I'm sure Brady is a dick too but players take it and nobody dares to say anything. It's like people forget Ben has 2 Championships. At the end of the day it's all image. Brady is on GQ covers, got the model wife, and all the cool kids like him. So it's cool like to him. That's what it all boils down to.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Ben would have been better off if he had actually been charged and then beat the charges. Instead there wasn't even enough evidence for charges and then the DA made a self-aggrandizing speech about how awful Ben is and that's what stuck. If it had gone to trial and he beat the charges then more people would have thought he wasn't guilty than how it turned out.

None of that even matters. Everybody who bashes Ben for it doesn't even know the facts of the case and they don't care. They don't know the girl bragged to her friend about sleeping with him. They know he was accused of it so therefore he's guilty because they don't like him and he's not cool. The end.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I mean, wasn't it at the end that he apologized that she felt that how that all went was perceived differently by him vs by what she felt it was? It's a lot to do with the current Metoo stuff and how women felt when a guy wanted sex and how it all came about and how they felt after being undermined and diminished. I know a lot of people will have a huge problem with that, but it is what it is and it happened. He paid her unspecified damages as part of a settlement that was more likely to do with "please don't talk about this, it hurts my image when people know I cheat, a ton."

Ben did what he did, people that act like it didn't happen are more out to lunch that believe it was a conspiracy that he was preyed upon, sure in some cases, he might have been, but in others, nah.

Dude is now a whackjob bible thumper for a reason.

I like the player, not the person. At least he's not Evander Kane, who keeps doing it and acting like he's a victim, these guys owned up to it in some form and changed for the better. Then there's that wanker.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yeah, Ben deals with AB **** for years and comments on his route one time and it's the end of the world. Trust me there's a lot of stories of Kobe. He wasn't nice to his peers. I do agree it was because he was a fierce competitor and all he wanted to do was win. He tried to get the best out of you. But how do we differentiate? Is it because he has 5 Championships? It's the same double standard with Ben/Brady. I'm sure Brady is a dick too but players take it and nobody dares to say anything. It's like people forget Ben has 2 Championships. At the end of the day it's all image. Brady is on GQ covers, got the model wife, and all the cool kids like him. So it's cool like to him. That's what it all boils down to.
Brady and Kobe are a lot better than Ben. Ben and the Steelers haven’t done anything noteworthy in a decade. Ben isn’t well liked across the league.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Yeah, Ben deals with AB **** for years and comments on his route one time and it's the end of the world. Trust me there's a lot of stories of Kobe. He wasn't nice to his peers. I do agree it was because he was a fierce competitor and all he wanted to do was win. He tried to get the best out of you. But how do we differentiate? Is it because he has 5 Championships? It's the same double standard with Ben/Brady. I'm sure Brady is a dick too but players take it and nobody dares to say anything. It's like people forget Ben has 2 Championships. At the end of the day it's all image. Brady is on GQ covers, got the model wife, and all the cool kids like him. So it's cool like to him. That's what it all boils down to.

It could just be the simple fact that Bryant and Brady play/played for huge media markets and Ben doesn't. The sports media loves to cover for their big market teams and players.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think it’s as simple as people not liking BR, but I really couldn’t care less.

It’s well known he was a huge prick so, doesn’t change my life any if he isn’t well liked.

Ray Lewis killed two guys and danced around like a fool and mumbled incoherent shit, and he was hailed as some zen like father figure around the league.

It doesn’t get anymore comical than that.

That’s pretty much all you need to know about the stupidity of the narratives being made out there about these guys.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
That’s pretty much all you need to know about the stupidity of the narratives being made out there about these guys.

Fair point, but double standards and hypocrisy get my goat.
And the media does it all the freakin time with 80% of the slack jawed yokels following right in line. No questions asked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad