OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Dont panic, they are 2-0!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I keep going back to the Keenan Allen trade where he went for a 4th. Things are trending toward us not having a 4th in the upcoming draft but I feel like the value should be somewhere around there.

The Raiders might not do it, but I’d start with a 3rd and see where that gets me. Or maybe a 5th + conditional 2026 pick if they restructure the contract or something.
Allen was a pure rental he is a free agent after the season

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
How much would you give up for Adams if he is only a half season rental?

How much dead cap are they on the hook for if they cut him at the end of the season?

That aside I don't know. I see some people pressing for Hopkins and I think I might prefer that idea. Just as productive and less diva vibes. I'm also not sure how much I think the team should pay for a rental in a non-contending year. I'd say even in a non-contending year it's fair to want to do right by the QB... but Fields seems to be developing even without a second guy?

I keep going back to the Keenan Allen trade where he went for a 4th. Things are trending toward us not having a 4th in the upcoming draft but I feel like the value should be somewhere around there.

The Raiders might not do it, but I’d start with a 3rd and see where that gets me. Or maybe a 5th + conditional 2026 pick if they restructure the contract or something.

Given the current media circus around it/dude being week to week/the money I feel like a 3rd gets the deal before you finish the sentence.

If I'm wrong on that, it's probably because teams get permission to talk restructurings and someone gets a contract hammered out where he's not a rental.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
How much dead cap are they on the hook for if they cut him at the end of the season?

That aside I don't know. I see some people pressing for Hopkins and I think I might prefer that idea. Just as productive and less diva vibes. I'm also not sure how much I think the team should pay for a rental in a non-contending year. I'd say even in a non-contending year it's fair to want to do right by the QB... but Fields seems to be developing even without a second guy?
If he's traded the Raiders would be on the hook for 15m in 2025. We would just be responsible for his remaining base salary this year, if we cut him in the off season.

I think if we or some other team trading for him knew he'd be willing to restructure the final 2 years of his contract, that would probably increase his value.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If he's traded the Raiders would be on the hook for 15m in 2025. We would just be responsible for his remaining base salary this year, if we cut him in the off season.

I think if we or some other team trading for him knew he'd be willing to restructure the final 2 years of his contract, that would probably increase his value.

That makes no sense to me but okay. That makes him more appealing.

I can see the Jets looking at him as a guy they'll restructure and paying a tad more. Feels like a Jets thing to do and they have Rodgers.

In any case... yeah, the 4th the Bears paid for Allen sounds like it's the right starting point for value.

Reactions: WickedWrister

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
That makes no sense to me but okay. That makes him more appealing.

I can see the Jets looking at him as a guy they'll restructure and paying a tad more. Feels like a Jets thing to do and they have Rodgers.

In any case... yeah, the 4th the Bears paid for Allen sounds like it's the right starting point for value.
Yeah the Raiders have to eat that 15m if he's traded or cut either way. Just like how we're on the hook for a portion of Diontae's contract this year.

Reactions: Peat

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Adams will go for a 2nd at a minimum. Comparing the trade compensation of Keenan Allen at the start of free agency and before the draft is very flawed. There will be more interest at the TDL and Adams is a much better player than Keenan.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Adams will go for a 2nd at a minimum. Comparing the trade compensation of Keenan Allen at the start of free agency and before the draft is very flawed. There will be more interest at the TDL and Adams is a much better player than Keenan.
Allen and Adams literally had identical stats last season

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I’d trade a 2nd in a heartbeat. They’re also asking for a 2nd+ so I think it’s safe to assume they want a package of picks.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Moving the goalposts yet again. Some things never change.
How is it moving the goalposts? He literally went to ownership to lake sure Pierce was hired even though he is way over his head as a Hc. Now he finds out that dude literally supports him getting traded is absolutely ridiculous

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
How is it moving the goalposts? He literally went to ownership to lake sure Pierce was hired even though he is way over his head as a Hc. Now he finds out that dude literally supports him getting traded is absolutely ridiculous

The question I got there is what happened for a player's head coach like Pierce go and do that. My best guess is Adams isn't really all that injured and has just effectively quit on the team.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I don't know if I'd do a 2nd personally. I don't blame the Raiders for having a high initial asking price though.

Yeah asking for and actually getting a second are two totally different things. They’d be stupid to not start there at least and see if a team bites.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Im sorry you actually believed he was content retiring with the raiders. It was pretty clear contractually that a split was coming and that the Raiders wouldn’t be in playoff contention by the TDL.

Adams accelerated the timeline by getting “injured” in the last possible moment at practice last week. Instead of pushing back next time, maybe consider what is logical.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Interesting to see he's cranking it plenty. Guessing that average depth of target has a lot to do with a lot of checkdowns.

I'd still probably push for him to do it more given how opposition teams love to come flying up on this team though.

I also struggle to square the following chart when it comes to run block with the yard before contact stats and how often I see the run blown up but numbers say what they say

Finally, interesting to see where they are on true pass sets. Again, I imagine a lot of us are going to be "this doesn't fit what I've seen"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad