OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Dont panic, they are 2-0!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I may be wrong but I feel like Mason didn't even complete a pass in that second half.

I thought he started out really well, I think he was like 7 of 9 for 70 yards or something like that. But 9 or 17 with 85 passing yards isn't a good game.
Especially when he had 1 pass for 27 yards in the 85 yards total for the game

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Pickens being involved in like 75% of total snaps but almost every passing play seems to me to be an incredible tell to the defense that you are running.

Pickens comes out, run commit.

That is what people are missing with this "what's the big deal about snap counts?"

You are tipping the defense that it's a run if Pickens comes out. You are taking a threat of a pass out when Pickens goes to the sidelines. You are limiting yourself when Pickens is on the bench.

Again if we had another WR who was worth a damn, you would not hear a peep from me. I'm more of a spread the wealth guy. But we have no wealth/depth here.

Can't believe this is such a difficult concept for some. As an OC, you should always be "threatening" the defense.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That is what people are missing with this "what's the big deal about snap counts?"

You are tipping the defense that it's a run if Pickens comes out. You are taking a threat of a pass out when Pickens goes to the sidelines. You are limiting yourself when Pickens is on the bench.

Again if we had another WR who was worth a damn, you would not hear a peep from me. I'm more of a spread the wealth guy. But we have no wealth/depth here.

Can't believe this is such a difficult concept for some. As an OC, you should always be "threatening" the defense.
Don't worry about it, man. The running game is doing great! No need to make any changes.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Don't worry about it, man. The running game is doing great! No need to make any changes.

Right...the offense is running on all cylinders and we're 3-1. Why change a damn thing?

This is how you accept mediocrity. Shrug your shoulders, blink and before you know it we're 9-8 and just squeaking into the last playoff spot again to be destroyed by first round opponent. But I guess some people like movie reruns...it gives them comfort to know what's coming next.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

CPatt was running fine… Najee might just suck (spoiler: he does)

Do you have any stats to back up this statement or are you gonna keep spinning this tired narrative? ATL’s run game was pretty efficient last year with London having a similar snap count as Pickens

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
CPatt was running fine… Najee might just suck (spoiler: he does)
It was 6 carries in a game they were trailing and throwing the ball more and had their 3rd string RB in. It's kind of the point we are making. Run when they expect pass and pass when they expect run. When Pickens is out of the game, there's a significant drop off in terms of passing threat.

Do you have any stats to back up this statement or are you gonna keep spinning this tired narrative? ATL’s run game was pretty efficient last year with London having a similar snap count as Pickens
......but it's not working HERE. Who gives a shit about how it worked on another team? If it's not working, you've got to make adjustments. You can't just keep bashing your head against the wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad