OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Dont panic, they are 2-0!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
The Steelers really seem to have a unique situation where injuries get clustered - last year it was the LB's and S's. This year it's the OL.

Was literally thinking this same thing yesterday. The LB's were decimated last year. Then they overcorrected and paid Queen a ton of money and he's middling at best.

Roberts is outplaying him, which is concerning.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
f*** man, that sucks for Daniels. As of last week, he was the highest graded interior offensive lineman in the entire NFL per PFF. I don’t think that injury is the career death knell it used to be, especially for OL, so I hope he can recover and return to play at some point in 2025 or 2026.

More frustrated about the loss than anything. Offense starts slow again, D can’t get off the field on 3rd down.

Only positive I can salvage from the disaster that was yesterday is that Fields is playing like a fringe top 10 qb right now.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
so glad Khan is running the show now. he took heat for not extending Najee which now he looks like a genius. couldnt they tell how slow Najee was? no way he should have been drafted in round 1

we have to trade for a WR tho idgaf what it costs

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
If they get any additional hits to the OL, nothing else will really matter. Sometimes you just get killed with injuries, I'm hoping that trend stops soon.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I figure Seumalo gets back soon enough but yeah that Daniels injury hurts. It is good for McCormick to develop faster, and I'll admit I've been pretty happy with what I've seen from McCormick, but yeah it's still bad.

Anderson is the obvious weak link in the IOL, as long as he's not playing I think it should be fine. Doesn't mean the OTs will be okay but the IOL will be fine with Seumalo-Frazier-McCormick I think.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
The offense just lacks playmakers right now I think. Fields can make a big play happen. Pickens can make a big play happen. Austin can but like @JTG mentioned, he’s not a guy whose best spot is as a number 2. Harris isn’t that guy in this offense. Maybe a healthy Warren can be?

They need someone else that’s capable of being a big play threat consistently.

There is literally a rookie WR who can bring some juice/intensity on the sideline, yet they don't bring him in. No one has asked this question: what does Van Jefferson do well?

I'm not saying Roman is any panacea but this offense needs ANYTHING it can get

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Cowher was a defensive genius; and even when he had ALL PRO OLB's, he knew you couldn't rely on them getting there to provide the QB with discomfort consistently (see refs an good OL). Hence, he invented Blitzburgh. Tomlin, he's passive. He wants to drop 7, play soft zone and limit big chunks. This is why Minkah gets almost no splash plays. The one time they blitzed Queen yesterday it nearly caused a sack/FF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad