OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Dont panic, they are 2-0!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
No one is doing that, no one in here is saying "Justin Fields is a good starting QB". People are just saying he has played well.

Even in a best case scenario, he's likely only a mid-tier starter that might be on the fringes of the top-10. And that's a super optimistic way of looking at it. If you're going to put Fields on a standard of "if he's not Patrick Mahomes, he's not playing well", literally any QB this team is going to have for likely the foreseeable future is not going to be "playing well" in your eyes.

And yes, I don't even mean that Patrick Mahomes comparison as a hyperbolic representation of what you're arguing. That legitimately seems to be your argument here.
That's not at all my argument, but I'm tired of trying to get it through to you.

Have a good night.

• Haha
Reactions: Night Shift

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Also weird thing about Fields -

He got a really good S2 score and is the highest scorer in the NFL on the AIQ's test for receiving and retaining information. Per the testing, he shouldn't be the "just too slow" guy he was in Chicago or early here. And I saw that a few weeks ago, and kind of shrugged and filed it away, but it does make me wonder that much harder if his problem wasn't really frail confidence and they can clean him up and do the miracle.

I think it was tanked confidence, and the reason I say that is because of the progression we have seen here. Every single week he seems to get a bit ballsier. That Austin hit up the seam I think was a big break through for Fields. He's firing balls through windows. 88 dropped a really great one.

This dude is so wildly talented that someone almost needs to tell him "Your 50% is as productive as most QB's 80%...just stay within these confines and don't do too much."

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think it was tanked confidence, and the reason I say that is because of the progression we have seen here. Every single week he seems to get a bit ballsier. That Austin hit up the seam I think was a big break through for Fields. He's firing balls through windows. 88 dropped a really great one.

This dude is so wildly talented that someone almost needs to tell him "Your 50% is as productive as most QB's 80%...just stay within these confines and don't do too much."

Not gonna lie, I'm none too stoked about the idea of a QB whose confidence has affected him this much. Feels like some MAF level stuff. I don't think he can afford to stay in his confines either. This team wants to be competitive at the top level, it needs Fields to learn how to go balls out safely.

But time will tell there.

Reactions: Night Shift

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
All of these “theories” are nothing more than wild speculation. Nobody actually knows what all combination of factors led to Fields underperforming at the pro level (in relation to his college career and draft positioning). Just like we don’t know which Fields haters on this thread are still hoping he will fail… so they can take a victory lap… on a hockey message board… in the year 2024?!

In the real world people operate under unique time durations to adjust to the pro-level (if they ever adjust at all) for a variety of reasons. Instant success at the pro-level for a QB is not really the norm.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
The ignore feature is free guys. If we all utilize it these clowns will be talking to the void.

No brochure about it professor? What if I want to use it someday, who do I ask?

Will it protect me from all clowns? How bout extra clown protection?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad