OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Dont panic, they are 2-0!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I like that the defense was able to bail Fields out after his mistake. I feel like the times that happened in Chicago, especially in his first couple of years, would be pretty small. That was just such an encouraging game from him overall.

Reactions: WickedWrister

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Career day for Austin. I've been pretty bearish on him but if he can be a solid contributor, that's huge.

Did Van Jefferson even play today? No targets. I'm pulling for more snaps from Scotty Miller, he also had a few key grabs.

Edit: saw he left early due to an eye injury?

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This is honestly the most optimistic I've been about the Steelers in years. Once the OL develops and the run game starts working, this team could really be cooking.

I think Kahn needs to be hyper focused in getting a WR upgrade. Pickens is obviously great and I'm really warming up on Austin, but Van Jefferson is ass and needs to be upgraded on. Miller looks really intriguing as well.

Reactions: End of Line

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Career day for Austin. I've been pretty bearish on him but if he can be a solid contributor, that's huge.

Did Van Jefferson even play today? No targets. I'm pulling for more snaps from Scotty Miller, he also had a few key grabs.

He came back late, but we didn't need him.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

Austin, Miller, and Patterson all stepped up. Which is great and yeah for some they're in a position they wouldn't be in if there was better depth but it's these opportunities that can turn them into a name.

Austin bringing it today was nice to see, Miller had some good grabs and fought for extra yardage. Gotta love that. Patterson, zero expectations with him so the fact he did what he did today is a nice surprise.

But holy f*** that OL needs to keep working at it, they show they can do it but then just fall apart too often.

You gotta love Justin Fields right now, he must be loving how the Bears moved him and ended up with an even worse situation and at least Fields can tell Caleb, it ain't you mate.

Reactions: UnrealMachine

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Even though Fields had an INT today (poor decision to force it to CPatt, somewhat flukey INT given the ball bounced like 4 times), I'm still wildly impressed with the decision making and accuracy.

2 sacks per game would be a career low for him and he's on like a 5 INT pace (over 17 games)

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Even though Fields had an INT today (poor decision to force it to CPatt, somewhat flukey INT given the ball bounced like 4 times), I'm still wildly impressed with the decision making and accuracy.

2 sacks per game would be a career low for him and he's on like a 5 INT pace (over 17 games)
I'll take ONE pick over three games considering his efficiency otherwise.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
For Fields to spend a half moving the offence when the running game couldn't do anything is exactly what I wanted to see and doubted he could consistently do.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Time to bring in Russ.
lee-corso.gif

• Haha
Reactions: End of Line

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This game would have ended 27-10 IF we wanted it to. I know the Chargers sustained injuries, but we knew this was gonna be a rock fight, glad that we came out on top. Once we applied more pressure to Herbert his play prior to leaving the game was significantly diminished.

We doubled them in yardage, 1st downs as well as the scoreboard.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Waitman has done well thus far.

Regarding rookies, Frazier has been outstanding! Payton Wilson has fit in seamlessly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad