OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Dont panic, they are 2-0!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
i gotta say if the cleveland stats folks pushed the team to sell the farm for watson maybe nfl analytics arent there yet and being more in on them doesnt help

Well I don't think anyone has given a top to bottom view on where everyone in the org was on it, but given it was widely reported that the GM was fine with continuing with Mayfield but the owner decided otherwise, I think there's a good chance they weren't promoting that one.

Edit: also, tbf to Haslam, nobody called this. Maybe there's a lesson here for the next team considering trading for a QB who's going to sit nearly two years while going through heavy lawsuits, but happily that doesn't happen very often.

Last edited:
Reactions: cookthebooks

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
IMG_1658.jpeg

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I don't know why he is out there that much. I just know that it isn't because he is a great blocking WR. It might be that they think he is better at it than he is or at least better at it than the other guys we have. Other than Pickens the WR room sucks. We have to hope Wilson can add something positive but I am skeptical.

Yup and this disconnect with what the coaches see to what is actually happening is quite concerning.

Believe it or not, I think that despite his small frame Wilson may end up being our best blocking WR. He's got that edge to him

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm not even that mad about Dan Moore sticking around being Dan Moore if he's going to keep playing well.

The increasingly trainwreck feeling around Jones...

(maybe it's nothing. maybe him getting back on the horse right away will be good for him. yup. gonna hope.)

Reactions: wheelz87

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The OL has largely been an issue under Tomlin aside from Pouncey and a couple seasons with Munch as his OLC. I think he just has no idea how to handle the OL. The lack of development has been a near constant.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I'm not even that mad about Dan Moore sticking around being Dan Moore if he's going to keep playing well.

The increasingly trainwreck feeling around Jones...

(maybe it's nothing. maybe him getting back on the horse right away will be good for him. yup. gonna hope.)

You wonder if Jones isn't better suited to guard where he can maul dudes in a phone booth?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
You wonder if Jones isn't better suited to guard where he can maul dudes in a phone booth?

Beyond my ken of offensive line play as to whether he should move inside or not.

All I know is that right now he looks hesitant and lost in a way that makes me think his confidence and/or desire is screwed up, and also that a mix of politics and team need means I can't see him moving inside anytime this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad