OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 5 and 2 Justin who? Hand the Fields to Wilson

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'm seeing a lot about this, mostly because of the wordless exchange eten Rogers and Tomlin. But what makes it so next-level? Isn't it relatively common that a coach grabs a timeout just before come goof costs hi team yards?
I don't quite get it either. People are acting like Tomlin got one over on Rodgers, but all he did was waste a timeout because they got caught. Didn't matter in this game, but it could've.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don't quite get it either. People are acting like Tomlin got one over on Rodgers, but all he did was waste a timeout because they got caught. Didn't matter in this game, but it could've.
Not every coach remembers to get that time out. Rodgers has made a career out of it and hard count free plays even in Green Bay

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Penn State with more rape scandals.

That school should have been nuked when the Sandusky news broke. An absolute disgrace they basically let the school off the hook in exchange for a lot of cash.

I've never detested a fanbase more than the PSU mouth breathers.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
I don't understand this push to say there was a faction of Wilson fans vs Fields fans and now Fields fans are mad. This isn't Kenny vs Mason.

I have zero issues on who plays right now as long as the receivers make more of an effort consistently, looking at you George, and Arthur can stop being a dipshit with his play calling.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012

That school should have been nuked when the Sandusky news broke. An absolute disgrace they basically let the school off the hook in exchange for a lot of cash.

College and athletes raping is a story as old as time. It's gross how much of an issue it continues to be.

If this was the NHL, they'd still get drafted.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The impression I've got from the reporting of this one is that it's a lot more common for Rodgers to get that free deep shot away rather than get caught. Timeout isn't nothing but it beats letting Rodgers maybe rip off a 40 yarder.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The impression I've got from the reporting of this one is that it's a lot more common for Rodgers to get that free deep shot away rather than get caught. Timeout isn't nothing but it beats letting Rodgers maybe rip off a 40 yarder.

He was right to call the timeout, but it's not a 'good' thing. It's bad they had 12 guys on the field.

Sure. Rodgers is good at catching people though and it wasn't like there was much reason to think using the TO was going to cost us.

I get all of this and agree it was a good thing to call the timeout and unfortunate that they had to call it because of a 12-men situation.

It jut seemed that a degree of attention was paid to it that was undue. And this is coming from a dude (me) who's not spent the last 10 years looking for reasons to punk MT but rather largely supported him while acknowledging his faults (and doing so more forcefully in recent vintage).

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I get all of this and agree it was a good thing to call the timeout and unfortunate that they had to call it because of a 12-men situation.

It jut seemed that a degree of attention was paid to it that was undue. And this is coming from a dude (me) who's not spent the last 10 years looking for reasons to punk MT but rather largely supported him while acknowledging his faults (and doing so more forcefully in recent vintage).
It steems from the meme when Tomlin did when Rodgers was in Greenbay

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia

Acknowledging that PSU has FAR less space on this than other schools I'm curious how you would have handled this differently. When the school learned about the accusation the players were immediately dismissed from the team and expelled from the school.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad