OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Just remembered I benched the Steelers defence in fantasy this week. My lack of faith is getting punished in the best way.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
IF the offense gets better as the season progresses, and IF no one important gets hurt on defense (knock on wood), at least the games this season may be entertaining to watch

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We needed to hold the ball longer than that on offense…really terrible series…not impressed with Trubisky at all

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
We'll never know but I can't help but suspect he might have been worth the pick if he hadn't gone to a colossal tyre fire.
I think too much is made of the Bears dysfunction, and Matt Nagy as a punching bag.

Trubisky was a talented but ultimately a developmental QB who only started 1 year in college. The Bears came apart when their defense went from "best in the league" to just above-average.

I think he could be a Tannehill type here.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think too much is made of the Bears dysfunction, and Matt Nagy as a punching bag.

Trubisky was a talented but ultimately a developmental QB who only started 1 year in college. The Bears came apart when their defense went from "best in the league" to just above-average.

I think he could be a Tannehill type here.

2 head coaches, 3 offensive coordinators isn't it? And so few weapons around him. You don't have to point the finger at any one guy to think that's going to make it real tough on a developmental QB.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
2 head coaches, 3 offensive coordinators isn't it? And so few weapons around him. You don't have to point the finger at any one guy to think that's going to make it real tough on a developmental QB.

Hard to call an org a tire fire when they won 10+ games in 2018 and went .500 in 2019.

The Bears signed Allen Robinson as a big acquisition for Trubisky and he was his favorite target.
Ultimately also the Bears are a team that invested in their defense first/foremost and maybe could have used someone more polished coming out.

I think in the end Trubisky deserved to not go on with the Bears, but retained potential to be a decent NFL QB. We may be the beneficiaries. But he was never going to be worth the #2OA and the trade that preceded it.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Team looks too much like last season.…Steelers D will keep the team in it in the first half (expecting Bengals to make adjustments and put up points the first series of the second half).…The O will play too conservatively and too many 3 and outs and the Steelers will lose the lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad