Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
7:43 tipoff.

So he wants the big money but only be a part time player? Interesting approach. Please tell me this joker is not at 51mill a year telling his team he will only play part time?

Try jumping a few articles about the history involved here instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLYguy3911

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
So he wants the big money but only be a part time player? Interesting approach. Please tell me this joker is not at 51mill a year telling his team he will only play part time?
He's only physically capable of playing part time. Anything more and his body will break down.

They changed the way they schedule games specifically for players like Embiid. He still broke down.

He's one of the top 5 players in the world and without him they have no chance.
Imagine if Hedman could only play every third game. Thats Embiid.

Speaking of... @JojoTheWhale.
I took the over on Ben Simmons + Embiid + Lonzo 140 GP combined on one of my local books.
Its been a really good year for me and im totally resigned to this team's fate this year so I decided to go all out :biglaugh:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
The humiliation doesn't stop with this team. They're going to be in the league's cross hairs for a generation.

It's glaringly obvious the league doesn't actually care about player safety. Like, Embiid has a real track record of injury. This should not be investigated at all. If he and the team agree to this, then so be it. The league suffers with Embiid injured, it doesn't suffer with him taking days off. How can a league force a team to injure a player?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
7:43 tipoff.

Try jumping a few articles about the history involved here instead.

reading a few things on line--I see that he has had some healthy problems and he has a history of not being in shape. I get that for guys their bodies start to wear down. But he is also saying he needs time off because he is raising his brothers child or something like that? I understand that there is back story to this but at the end of the day he is staying that is will be cutting back further in his play time then was already agreed. IF I am understanding what is on line. I am in the UK so I have only limited access to the real time information that is coming out on this case

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
This joker dominates everyone in the league. He's worth every penny. Go troll somewhere else

reading a few things on line--I see that he has had some healthy problems and he has a history of not being in shape. I get that for guys their bodies start to wear down. But he is also saying he needs time off because he is raising his brothers child or something like that? I understand that there is back story to this but at the end of the day he is staying that is will be cutting back further in his play time then was already agreed. IF I am understanding what is on line. I am in the UK so I have only limited access to the real time information that is coming out on this case
Please go troll somewhere else

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here and assuming you're being honest. You have basically all of this wrong.

Like Lotusflower said, he has an unbelievably long injury history. Everything from missing two entire seasons at the beginning of his career with a foot problem to getting an elbow to the face that broke an orbital bone. Over the years, he's tried to play through far too much. The team wants him to sit for more regular season games in an attempt to be healthy for the playoffs. For the Sixers, the importance of being the 2nd vs 5th Seed pales in comparison to having Embiid healthy and on the court. What is happening here is that he's trying to listen to what the team wants him to do because it gives them the best title odds at the cost of some regular season equity. Just like in the NHL, the NBA season is entirely too long.

The only involvement of his deceased brother is an idiotic local sportswriter trying to do so for some strange reason. Think of this guy like Jim Matheson.

He's only physically capable of playing part time. Anything more and his body will break down.

They changed the way they schedule games specifically for players like Embiid. He still broke down.

He's one of the top 5 players in the world and without him they have no chance.
Imagine if Hedman could only play every third game. Thats Embiid.

Speaking of... @JojoTheWhale.
I took the over on Ben Simmons + Embiid + Lonzo 140 GP combined on one of my local books.
Its been a really good year for me and im totally resigned to this team's fate this year so I decided to go all out :biglaugh:

You're somehow going to cash this because of Lonzo hitting 79.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here and assuming you're being honest. You have basically all of this wrong.

Like Lotusflower said, he has an unbelievably long injury history. Everything from missing two entire seasons at the beginning of his career with a foot problem to getting an elbow to the face that broke an orbital bone. Over the years, he's tried to play through far too much. The team wants him to sit for more regular season games in an attempt to be healthy for the playoffs. For the Sixers, the importance of being the 2nd vs 5th Seed pales in comparison to having Embiid healthy and on the court. What is happening here is that he's trying to listen to what the team wants him to do because it gives them the best title odds at the cost of some regular season equity. Just like in the NHL, the NBA season is entirely too long.

You're somehow going to cash this because of Londo hitting 79.
Right but Marcus Hayes said he's been out of shape his whole career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad