Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Would rather bring back Dario Saric

per 36 min last year
Bertans 39.3 FG%, 38.0 3P%, 3.3 REB, 1.9 AST, 1.4 STL, 15.5 PTS
Saric 46.6 F%, 37.6 3P%, 9.3 REB, 4.7 AST, 1.0 STL, 16.9 PTS

Bertans 11.6 PER, 58.3 TS%, 5.1 Total Reb %, 7.2 AST% (rates out slightly below average offensively & defensively)

Saric 15.3 PER, 60.0 TS%, 13.9 Total Reb %, 17.8 AST% (Rates out slightly above average offensively and defensively)

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Would rather bring back Dario Saric

per 36 min last year
Bertans 39.3 FG%, 38.0 3P%, 3.3 REB, 1.9 AST, 1.4 STL, 15.5 PTS
Saric 46.6 F%, 37.6 3P%, 9.3 REB, 4.7 AST, 1.0 STL, 16.9 PTS

Bertans 11.6 PER, 58.3 TS%, 5.1 Total Reb %, 7.2 AST% (rates out slightly below average offensively & defensively)

Saric 15.3 PER, 60.0 TS%, 13.9 Total Reb %, 17.8 AST% (Rates out slightly above average offensively and defensively)

I'd be fine with Dario at the min too, but he just has not been the same player since the injury. The guy people remember is gone, so I hope people would keep their expectations in check.

Also good with Highsmith, GTJ, Saddiq Bey, Precious Achiuwa, Lonnie Walker, DSJ, Josh Okgoie, and I'm sure more I'm forgetting.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I'd be fine with Dario at the min too, but he just has not been the same player since the injury. The guy people remember is gone, so I hope people would keep their expectations in check.
Oh for sure. His mobility isn't as good and he can't give significant minutes... but I'd much prefer what he gave last year than what Bertans is capable of.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019

Also good with Highsmith, GTJ, Saddiq Bey, Precious Achiuwa, Lonnie Walker, DSJ, Josh Okgoie, and I'm sure more I'm forgetting.
Never really thought he was all that good. His best quality is that he isn’t that bad and doesn’t overplay his hand. He knows enough to remain a viable player for the rotation when the playoffs roll around

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Add another reasonable vet min name to the stack.

Never.

m2A_jLSR_400x400.jpg
0eb10080cb81fe4d15886969a686d6da

You’d have to smoke crack to believe Briere has done something worthy of being on a tier with Morey.

Not Confucius in The Analects, not Marcus Aurelius in Meditations, not Plato in The Republic has ever approached the wisdom and clarity demonstrated here. I reflect upon it often.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

This is what I'm willing to sacrifice to win. I'm a team player.

Never really thought he was all that good. His best quality is that he isn’t that bad and doesn’t overplay his hand. He knows enough to remain a viable player for the rotation when the playoffs roll around

I generally agree with this and I'm still saying he's not the same player. Do with that info what you will.

• Wow
Reactions: BigToe and Magua

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Watched the Lakers/Kings Summer League game, Bronny looks ok but definitely will need to work on his shooting. Of course pops didn’t come into the league as a great shooter either, but I don’t think the situations are really comparable. The athleticism is there and good feel for the game, but as a small-ish guard he’s going to need to be able to shoot.

Edit: Speaking of shooting, the Lakers Blake Hinson can certainly do that.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
10.6 per year or is that 5.3 per?
Its 5.3 per. Maybe a little less first year so 5.2/5.4 but close enuf.

I think nuggets gave him the most they could because they are so close to apron they couldnt use full mle as it would hard-capped them at 1st apron and they still have some cap hold players they prob need to sign and/or vet min.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

NBA fans/Twitter love to hate Joel and call him this and that...but you'll never hear the truth until you hear someone like Maxey say "you were the first one to believe in me".

Embiid is an amazing leader. He plays through injuries, he steps in front of the media, he takes accountability....and he walks the walk on the court too.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Bona's athleticism is just silly. Definitely has a clue with his roll game. He also is kind of a mess defensively. But he's balls to the wall at both ends. So, fun mess long-term (operative word).

Don't really care about McCain missing makable shots. I know it's a plus skill. Even saw him variate his release off the catch. I know it's SL, but my takeaway is he isn't having much trouble off the dribble with his not ideal athleticism. Surprised by his PnR, passing, and drive game. Definitely see the smarts. A more effective Barzal?

RCIV stans unite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad