Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale this popped up on the timeline. Is it real? My brain hurts. So many aprons.

Yeah, this works. Most of the time, this stuff really isn't that confusing. This is a corner case. Hollinger writes about the complicated options.

No matter what happens, the only thing you need to know for the Sixers is that they're trying to make one more trade of note. Everything is in service of that, so no matter who they take back in these things, they probably wouldn’t stay for long.

(Hollinger also said DFS, not Huerter. But he's not an insider type anyway. He's giving you cap info.)

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
well...ok

"We view Bronny as [a] Case Study One because [of] his base level of feel, athleticism, point-of-attack defender, shooting, passing," Redick said. "There's a lot to like about his game, and as we build out our player development program holistically, he's going to have a great opportunity to become an excellent NBA player."

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
well...ok

"We view Bronny as [a] Case Study One because [of] his base level of feel, athleticism, point-of-attack defender, shooting, passing," Redick said. "There's a lot to like about his game, and as we build out our player development program holistically, he's going to have a great opportunity to become an excellent NBA player."

I tried to explain this when everyone shit their pants at the original rumors. He was a very good high school player. Then the health problems come and USC is an absolute mess. If he sits out the year instead of playing after the heart issue, he might sneak into the end of R1.

For my money, this is the best public NBA draft person out there:

I am begging people to stop listening to anyone who says things like 4.8 PPG as evidence of anything whatsoever. The draft communities follow these kids from way before they ever make it to their draft years. High school scouting is the reason Maxey was 4th on this guy's board in 2020. We lack the institutional knowledge to contextualize what happens to these kids in one season.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I tried to explain this when everyone shit their pants at the original rumors. He was a very good high school player. Then the health problems come and USC is an absolute mess. If he sits out the year instead of playing after the heart issue, he might sneak into the end of R1.

For my money, this is the best public NBA draft person out there:

I am begging people to stop listening to anyone who says things like 4.8 PPG as evidence of anything whatsoever. The draft communities follow these kids from way before they ever make it to their draft years. High school scouting is the reason Maxey was 4th on this guy's board in 2020. We lack the institutional knowledge to contextualize what happens to these kids in one season.
Toxic is right. It's so gross

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Bronny James senior year of HS 14.2 PPG/5.5 REB/2.4 AST

that same hs a few years earlier.

Marvin Bagley III (Was ruled ineligble for his junior year. Senior year: 24.9 PPG/10.1 REB)

Taken 2nd overall after putting up 21 PPG/11.1 REB for Duke as a freshman.

KJ Martin 16.7 PPG/9.8 REB
Went 52nd overall after he skipped college and spent that 1 year playing for IMG Academy's team.

Scotty Pippen Jr 16.3 PPG/3.6 REB/4.6 AST

Went undrafted after a 3 year career at Vanderbilt which saw him put up 12 PPG as a Freshman and then 20.8/20.4 in his 2nd and 3rd years.

The point isn't to say Bronny James doesn't have possible talent or ability, but that the way he was treated and ranked was in no way reflective of what he actually showed in HS. He matches up more with Scotty Pippen Jr and nobody was talking about Scotty Pippen Jr like he was some kind of sure-fire NBA player.

Maybe he develops into a rotation or bench guy, but Bronny is *NOT* freakishly athletic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad