Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Seeing a lot of speculation about Reed being traded. He can't play the 4 off the bench? I feel like he's athletic enough. Didn't he play forward in college too?

I guess it's less of an ability/fit issue and more of a money issue if they end up needing to shed something?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
1000004224.jpg

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It doesn’t greatly excite me, probably because we knew it was coming, but there’s a lot of ‘gotta stay healthy’ vibes, which is kind of dangerous.
There's been those vibes for Embiid's whole career. You're just feeling these vibes now? Lol

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
People who don't know shit about hockey also don’t know shit about basketball. Shocking.

Man, I hate being like that. Be worried about the injuries with two of the stars, sure. That's a big deal. Worry if it's enough. That makes total l sense. They signed a true star for nothing but dollars when they would have been capped out next year anyway. If you're angry about this contract, you're beyond help.

There are people who thought that Edmonton deal was good value and hate this. Speechless. This is the biggest day for the franchise since winning the lottery.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Paul George is more name than player.
Oh ok, I guess there's really no way to rationally discuss this if you think that. It certainly isn't true, by the way

If you want to talk about the hit the depth will take because of that aav, then it's perfectly fair. I say it's worth it, but it's a discussion. If you're worried about health, that's also fair. But there's robust data than anyone has access to which shows this player is a star.

People who don't know shit about hockey also don’t know shit about basketball. Shocking.

Man, I hate being like that. Be worried about the injuries with two of the stars, sure. That's a big deal. Worry if it's enough. That makes total l sense. They signed a true star for nothing but dollars when they would have been capped out next year anyway. If you're angry about this contract, you're beyond help.

There are people who thought that Edmonton deal was good value and hate this. Speechless. This is the biggest day for the franchise since winning the lottery.
But Jojo even if someone were to worry it's not enough....this is still the move that gets them closest to enough with who is shaking loose via trade and who is already available in UFA. The championship runs through this signing, like Aaron Nola last year. The "is it enough" is honestly a moot point.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
19-20: 48 games
20-21: 54
21-22: 34
22-23: 56
23-24: 74

Guess which season was a potential contract year for him.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
For people arguing this, you gotta go all in, hope they can stay healthy during playoff time and pray Maxey continues to progress. When you have an Embiid type of player you ALWAYS try to win. One injury to Boston or ( Mil who always have injuries ) and the Sixers suddenly look like a title favorite. Embiid / Maxey / George's games fit really well together. I'm okay with it, I think they're gonna load manage the FK out of Embiid this year and next. Lets see how it plays out.

Reactions: Rebels57

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
But Jojo even if someone were to worry it's not enough....this is still the move that gets them closest to enough with who is shaking loose via trade and who is already available in UFA. The championship runs through this signing, like Aaron Nola last year. The "is it enough" is honestly a moot point.

This was the best possible first move, yes. LeBron wasn't leaving. If you prefer Butler or (kinda) Markkanen, I get it. But given that one of those guys was free and the others cost most or all of your watchest, that changes everything.

Now Morey has to build a roster, which is the hard part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad