Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
This had better not end like this

iu-27.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

An extra year and $2M more than Drummond. I wonder if the Sixers kicked the tires on him. Better player than Drummond and he's not going to win anything with Washington.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Right but this is exactly what I was saying. Is almost half of their remaining cap, assuming they do sign George, really best spent on Andre Drummond?

Edit: looks horrible compared to Valanciunas. We got Moreyd

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
When you’re in the Sixers situation, 3/30 and 2/10 are entirely different worlds. You can still fit another rotation player into the RMLE with the latter.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

An extra year and $2M more than Drummond. I wonder if the Sixers kicked the tires on him. Better player than Drummond and he's not going to win anything with Washington.

Drummond is 2/$10m. This is 3/$30m. It's basically double his yearly salary (altho still cheaper than I thought JV would sign for. Guy made like $14m last season)

Apparently Drummond is 'signed', but won't officially sign until the Sixers are done with every other signing and probably 'over the cap' and then Drummond will slide into some of the exception money.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Drummond is 2/$10m. This is 3/$30m. It's basically double his yearly salary (altho still cheaper than I thought JV would sign for. Guy made like $14m last season)

Apparently Drummond is 'signed', but won't officially sign until the Sixers are done with every other signing and probably 'over the cap' and then Drummond will slide into some of the exception money.
Ok, that's definitely better

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Yeah but I would hope that the Sixers at least talked to him. Maybe he would have taken less to play on a team that actually had a chance to win something? He's definitely a better player.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
When you’re in the Sixers situation, 3/30 and 2/10 are entirely different worlds. You can still fit another rotation player into the RMLE with the latter.
Like I just replied to flybynite, I'm saying the Sixers should have given him that. Just inquire to see if he wants to actually have a shot at winning something.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Like I just replied to flybynite, I'm saying the Sixers should have given him that. Just inquire to see if he wants to actually have a shot at winning something.

I would guess that if he wasn’t willing to take less when the Lakers wanted him, he wasn’t willing to come here for it either. Very few players would do that.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I think if the Sixers were over the cap signing him to an MLE (which $10M a year would have fit in) could have made sense... but I'm not 100% on this, but I believe once the Sixers renounce Tobias/Batum/etc... and make enough cap-room to sign Paul George(if it happens) that means they won't be allowed to use the over the cap MLE this off-season because they ducked under the cap. Even if they go back over the cap by using Maxey's bird rights.

I think once a team ducks under the cap before the regular season starts they lose the over the cap MLE and are only able to use the 'room exception' for under the cap teams which is like $5M less than the MLE ($7M room exception vs $12M MLE)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00