Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Georege is still great. But you know how these things go for the Sixers.

1719697626299.png

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The magic declined their option for Mo Wagner, is that a guy we could consider as a backup C? I feel like him and Reed as backup twin towers isn't a horrible idea? Or maybe it is? Who knows how much he'd command or what he would want in a role. His per 36 stats would be pretty phenomenal off the bench though. Could sell him on the fact that he'd be playing more than the "traditional" backup too since Embiid is going to need plenty of rest, not to mention he'll probably get hurt again

Last edited:
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I noticed looking at the Sixers contracts they have KJ Martin's bird rights. Could they theoretically spent their full cap. Re-sign Maxey to a $40m starting max and go over and then still sign KJ Martin to like a $20M(1st year) and then unguaranteed 2nd & 3rd years and use him to S&T as basically a matching salary with draft picks to bring someone back?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The magic declined their option for Mo Wagner, is that a guy we could consider as a backup C? I feel like him and Reed as backup twin towers isn't a horrible idea? Or maybe it is? Who knows how much he'd command or what he would want in a role. His per 36 stats would be pretty phenomenal off the bench though. Could sell him on the fact that he'd be playing more than the "traditional" backup too since Embiid is going to need plenty of rest, not to mention he'll probably get hurt again
I always liked Mo Wagner. He is what he is but he’s not bad at being what he is. I can’t imagine he’d cost much, and he’s big and physical and plays hard.

Reactions: DancingPanther

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

She has not followed Banchero’s wife. The sickos are on the case. :laugh:

In theory, yes. But in practice, he’s probably getting the RMLE to go back to Orlando. I also don’t think they can afford him if they do sign PG. That money would be needed elsewhere.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

She has not followed Banchero’s wife. The sickos are on the case. :laugh:

In theory, yes. But in practice, he’s probably getting the RMLE to go back to Orlando. I also don’t think they can afford him if they do sign PG. That money would be needed elsewhere.

This is not me being anti-big splash like PG, but I would be lying if I said I don't wonder if writing a 45mm aav paycheck is really right thing to do for this reason

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
This is not me being anti-big splash like PG, but I would be lying if I said I don't wonder if writing a 45mm aav paycheck is really right thing to do for this reason

I understand what you mean, but George specifically spoke out about how much the Clippers missed Batum, Rocco, and KJ Martin. The idea is that your stars help you recruit cheap vet depth. One of the reports we’ve gotten so far was that George does intend to help recruit if he leaves.

Everything is a balance. George costs you more in money. Other options cost you more in picks. So if they do manage to pull this off, they still have their full chest of draft assets to go out and fill in the roster. Morey loves trading for value contracts. I think they’ll be on the phone to New Orleans immediately for example. Not for Ingram, but to see if they want to move some role players now that they added Murray.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I understand what you mean, but George specifically spoke out about how much the Clippers missed Batum, Rocco, and KJ Martin. The idea is that your stars help you recruit cheap vet depth. One of the reports we’ve gotten so far was that George does intend to help recruit if he leaves.

Everything is a balance. George costs you more in money. Other options cost you more in picks. So if they do manage to pull this off, they still have their full chest of draft assets to go out and fill in the roster. Morey loves trading for value contracts. I think they’ll be on the phone to New Orleans immediately for example. Not for Ingram, but to see if they want to move some role players now that they added Murray.
I get it and reasonably they do need another "guy". I'll be just as hype as anyone else if PG lands here and the bench dominos fall.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
If the Sixers actually sign Pandemic P to a 4 year max, i will be more upset at that than this board is at the Flyers' draft.

sick of this team overvaluing career losers like Simmons and Harden and PG

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
After the shit flyers weekend, glad you guys have something to look forward to today that can be franchise altering. You guys are the best chance to not have to watch the shit Celtics walk thru the East again.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad