Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Please may I have one (1) Isaiah Crawford?

I don’t know what you have and haven’t read, but knowing your preferences, I think you’ll really like the way he rebounds.
Who are we talking about here? I don't know anything about Crawford. If McCain, I've only seen him a couple times but the word on him seems to be he's a good rebounder. 6'3" is 6'3" but a 6'3" good rebounder is still better than a 6'3" bad rebounder.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Who are we talking about here? I don't know anything about Crawford. If McCain, I've only seen him a couple times but the word on him seems to be he's a good rebounder. 6'3" is 6'3" but a 6'3" good rebounder is still better than a 6'3" bad rebounder.

Yep, McCain! They seem to have prioritized some physicality this year.

Backup defensive big I guess if they keep him. Attempted one 3 in his career.

Very good athlete, even on the NBA scale. Getting anything whatsoever out of him on the offensive end is probably enough to make him stick in the league. Still might not!

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This Bona guy has some fun highlights
He's gonna clean the court and boards 🤣
71GXIwBxwXL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: BigToe

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
People who know basketball more than me (read: anyone) what do we think of Justin Edwards? Worth the cash as a UDFA?
He's from Philly. Maybe he'll help the Blue Coats sell a few more tix... but man he tested AWFUL at the NBA combine. Seen some reports saying he was out of shape, so I dunno... the combine was less than 2 months after his college season ended.

worst lane agility. Almost a full second slower than friggin ZACH EDEY
His vertical was like bottom 15.

Last edited:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Props to espn for the worst draft coverage ever. Big story Bronny gets to go to dads team. The part where Rich Paul threatened the other teams not to draft Bronny was top notch drama.
I would have drafted him anyway. Don't like it, have fun in Australia. Second round picks are pretty much worthless anyway

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I would have drafted him anyway. Don't like it, have fun in Australia. Second round picks are pretty much worthless anyway
It was Rich Paul/Klutch Sports telling teams not to draft him so probably didn't want to risk having a grudge from them over sticking it to the Lakers (or trying to wriggle more compensation out of them in a trade)

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
People who know basketball more than me (read: anyone) what do we think of Justin Edwards? Worth the cash as a UDFA?

Yes. Big time high school recruit who didn’t work out at Kentucky. It happens again and again. Of course he’s not going to be a star, but very much has a chance to stick in the league.

Also a bit of an analytical pick. Hollinger had him 29th. Pelton had him 27th.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Oh hell yes. He doesn't have many legit options anymore. It’s LAC, PHL, or ORL. Or a team like OKC/SA pays Detroit to help them.

The sickos are cooking up obscure ways to make a Markkanen trade work on top of that. He only makes 18. It technically works!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Tripod

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Oh hell yes. He doesn't have many legit options anymore. It’s LAC, PHL, or ORL. Or a team like OKC/SA pays Detroit to help them.

The sickos are cooking up obscure ways to make a Markkanen trade work on top of that. He only makes 18. It technically works!
If Morey can land PG and Markkanen I’ll erect a statue of him in my front yard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad