Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
A guy that can't shoot is going to 10? Man that athleticism must be bonkers.

Holland? Yes, it really is. And he’s got the size to guard giant NBA wings.

One thing with him in particular though is that his 3PT% is misleading for two reasons. He played in the G League, so his 3s were from NBA distance rather than college. And then he was asked to create off the dribble a ton, which won’t be his NBA role. His FT% is what you really want to look at there, which suggests he’ll be a solid but unspectacular 3 point shooter off the catch.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Holland? Yes, it really is. And he’s got the size to guard giant NBA wings.

One thing with him in particular though is that his 3PT% is misleading for two reasons. He played in the G League, so his 3s were from NBA distance rather than college. And then he was asked to create off the dribble a ton, which won’t be his NBA role/ His FT% is what you really want to look at there, which suggests he’ll be a solid but unspectacular 3 point shooter off the catch.
I hope both slide to 16 and you're torn. This is revenge for the pizza pics. @Starat327

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I really dislike the NBA draft and the way they announce picks are traded later on. So you hear this guy your team drafted get talked up and then 45 mins later it's "Oh yea, that guy is now traded to blah blah"
I always got a kick out of Hubie Brown when he would assess a pick....everybody was great.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
maybe it's just residual bad vibes that are still lingering from the end of the playoffs, maybe it's the fact that my faith in Morey has really dwindled, but i have a bad feeling about tonight. i don't know if they're keeping this pick or not (likely not) but i just have a feeling that whatever the outcome is, i'm going to be underwhelmed.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Windy saying the Rockets could dangle Sengun for KD.

Tonight could be fun.

I don't really get why Houston is trying to accelerate so badly, but I love that a team is willing to talk about a piece that big. Sengun is very, very good and probably younger than most think. But he's still tradeable for the right piece.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I don't really get why Houston is trying to accelerate so badly, but I love that a team is willing to talk about a piece that big. Sengun is very, very good and probably younger than most think. But he's still tradeable for the right piece.
I agree.

I’m also not a very big fan of Green. I don’t think they have the horses even with KD.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I agree.

I’m also not a very big fan of Green. I don’t think they have the horses even with KD.
KD doesn't have a no-trade clause and his next 2 seasons are guaranteed so he doesn't even really have leverage there.

Threatening to not 're-sign' with the team he's traded. His contract ends and he'll be 38. The team trading for him MAY NOT EVEN WANT HIM at that point.

It seems like a bad move for Houston and doesn't fit their timeline at all. If it was a 32 year old KD. Sure. But a 36 year old KD? Nah.

Of course more teams would be interested and bid more if he was a 32 year old version of himself. I think you're probably right in Houston not matching up. I think there are teams who are trying to win right now that would pay more for KD and be better fits.

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
You're getting pizza pics next month whether Jojo is there or not.

This is pretty much what I expect to come home to one day.

GPySJCfWYAAUh9k

• Haha
Reactions: Starat327

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I’m currently at the point where I would rather pay OG and hope he stays healthy than trade for Ingram and hope he can raise the ceiling.
I mean Ingram isn't going to put them over the top or anything but he is a sure better fit than Tobias..

Much better/frequent passer than Harris and fits better with Nurse.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I mean Ingram isn't going to put them over the top or anything but he is a sure better fit than Tobias..

Much better passer than Harris and fits better with Nurse.

Make no mistake brother.

They’re all better than Tobias.

• Haha
Reactions: Embiid

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I just want to get this out there before a potential trade for obvious reasons. The best impact metrics we have think Ingram is a significantly better player than Bridges.

I do not believe in evaluating NBA players with one metric. I do believe that the difference between the two players is not nearly as big as most people think.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad