Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
That trade is horrible. HORRIBLE.

The Knicks just put themselves on a 2 year clock and they don't have a real star.

Now you've also got the OG situation to play out. Will he take yet another small offensive role? Do they even want to pay him given the rumors? But they also have to now?

Reactions: Flyer lurker

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

The Knicks just put themselves on a 2 year clock and they don't have a real star.

Now you've also got the OG situation to play out. Will he take yet another small offensive role? Do they even want to pay him given the rumors? But they also have to now?

Screw it, the Sixers are in weird dumb bullshit mode, let's take OG ourselves. I don't love the fit, but then again, I don't love the fit of any option, because everything is hell and has been since they let Brett Brown decide to trade Mikal Bridges for a bag of magic beans, with the sole exception of Maxey.

Reactions: Jack Straw

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Screw it, the Sixers are in weird dumb bullshit mode, let's take OG ourselves. I don't love the fit, but then again, I don't love the fit of any option, because everything is hell and has been since they let Brett Brown decide to trade Mikal Bridges for a bag of magic beans, with the sole exception of Maxey.

The Bridges trade was incredible value. That unprotected Phoenix pick was by far the most valuable piece either team got. It’s just that they pissed it away on Tobias Harris.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I don’t understand NBA draft pick trades. You’re bombarded by like 7 years of 1st round picks and swaps. Who in the NBA’s front office keeps track of this shit?

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Brandon Ingram would be a good pickup...problem is we need a whole lot more and not sure Morey can get it all done. Lots of moving pieces already in the NBA.

I just want that Pos Tobi off this team once and for all. Talk about a sunk cost signing....

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Wolves gonna run it back cause they have no cap space..not an awful thought but I can see them regressing some

also the Knicks might wanna name change with all the Nova players lol

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Bridges trade was incredible value. That unprotected Phoenix pick was by far the most valuable piece either team got. It’s just that they pissed it away on Tobias Harris.

It should have been, certainly, but it ended up being the #18 pick in a draft where the only All-Star taken went #4. If it had been the pick we thought it was, and we had kept it instead of turning it into the millstone that sank six seasons, I'd be looking back on that trade with more of a "well, what can you do" attitude, but hindsight being what it is, keeping the hometown boy whose mom worked for the team would have been the correct thing to do from an on court perspective as well as from an emotional one. And now, looking back upon the ashes of what came thereafter, I can't help but wonder what if.

(Though if I truly had hindsight and could very quickly knock Brett Brown out and take his place, the actual factual correct thing to do there was to just draft SGA and stay put.)

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I think the Houston pick trade may even be crazier than the Bridges trade. Bridges got so much pick value that the Nets were going to make that trade regardless of regaining their own picks from Houston.

Houston just gave up two lotto picks, possibly two top-5 picks back to the Nets for the "chance" to hope they can get Durant from Phoenix.

The nets picks prob would be more value to Phoenix than their own picks as well because I don't think they will go full rebuild even if Durant successfully forced his way out

After trading away Bridges the Nets will have accumulated *EIGHT* First round picks and 3 1st round swaps for Kevin Durant. With Cam Johnson possibly being traded for more firsts. Not to mention that 1 of those firsts and 1 of those swaps were the Nets getting their own pick and swap back from Houston.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

With Brunson only making 23 and 24 million the next 2 years, it sort of makes sense to go all in now. And now Bridges is on a similar 2 year dirt cheap deal. Just think, FVV makes almost as much as them combined. Even guys like Hart and Devo are on good deals.

They sort of had to roll the dice now before the contract all correct themselves. I still think they overpay OG to keep him and then draft a C and try and add a cheap depth C. Maybe try and grab Edey in tge ďraft to have a big body inside. And with Bridges, OG and Brunson as shooters from outside as options, could be a fit. And that big body can take the beating from Embiid, saving others from wearing down.

It's a bold move. Will be interesting to see how the East responds...especially you guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
With Brunson only making 23 and 24 million the next 2 years, it sort of makes sense to go all in now. And now Bridges is on a similar 2 year dirt cheap deal. Just think, FVV makes almost as much as them combined. Even guys like Hart and Devo are on good deals.

They sort of had to roll the dice now before the contract all correct themselves. I still think they overpay OG to keep him and then draft a C and try and add a cheap depth C. Maybe try and grab Edey in tge ďraft to have a big body inside. And with Bridges, OG and Brunson as shooters from outside as options, could be a fit. And that big body can take the beating from Embiid, saving others from wearing down.

It's a bold move. Will be interesting to see how the East responds...especially you guys.
Definitely an interesting trade. Seems like something a team might do if they think they need to beat say… the Boston Celtics? Getting another elite 3 and D guy? Now it will be interesting to see what happens with OG and Hartenstein. If they can bring both of those guys back I’d say they’re probably 2nd best team in the East.

Reactions: Tripod

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Definitely an interesting trade. Seems like something a team might do if they think they need to beat say… the Boston Celtics? Getting another elite 3 and D guy? Now it will be interesting to see what happens with OG and Hartenstein. If they can bring both of those guys back I’d say they’re probably 2nd best team in the East.

Hartenstein is gone because they're capped in how much they can pay him. They're trying to keep OG though.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
The draft is tonight???
What's going to happen Jojo? I'm way out of the loop.

My best guess is a Brandon Ingram trade including 16. And then they don’t extend him yet because they want to keep their options open for next summer. The top of this draft looks super unpredictable and fun at least.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad